• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    is it o.k to shoot stingers out of a regular barreled 10/22 carbine rifle.i have been getting mixed answers from every one.you guys are the experts.just looking for your:twocents:

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I've never had a problem. Nor has my dad and his 10/22 has been running everything under the sun for about 20 years. Seen lots of Stingers decapitate squirrels out of that gun.

In fact, the 10/22 I had jammed a lot with most everything out there except was flawless with stingers.

Root

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    My 10/22 jammed frequently. Then after a couple boxes of stingers it cycles much better.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think the reason this question is asked is because the CCI stinger has a slightly longer case with a lighter 33 grain bullet. This longer case may cause problems in tight chamber of match grade barrels. A 10/22 will run stingers perfectly. Now I have found that stingers may not be the most accurate cartridge, and I actually prefer mini-mags in my 10/22 and velocitors in my 77/22.

husker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For a "regular" 10/22, the answer is yes, just like all the posts said.

But the reason the topic comes up at all is what VERT mentioned. Stingers aren't really .22LR cartridges; they violate the case length spec.

So for a Ruger 10/22 Target model (10/22T), the answer is no. (Page 14 of the Ruger manual.)
    And for a 10/22 with an aftermarket barrel using a match grade chamber, the answer is also no.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    I've never had any issues shooting CCI Stingers out of my 10/22. It cycles EVERYTHING.

I've even shot 22 short and CB Shorts through it... of course I couldnt feed it with a mag and it wont cycle the bolt. I could hold the bolt closed with the CB shorts with my hand. Very quiet for disposing of varmint at very close range. (e.g. catching a raccoon in a trap and having to kill it)

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    DUDE I THINK YOU CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK AGAIN......OR HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE RANGE WITHOUT EAR PROTECTION AND YOU CAN'T HEAR??? IS THAT WHY YOU ARE YELLING???

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO

LIKE IT SAYS WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT THE WAY I TYPE.DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.SORRY.IF ITS GONNA RUIN YOUR DAY.i will fix it.is that better mike??????

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    LIKE IT SAYS WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT THE WAY I TYPE.DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.SORRY.IF ITS GONNA RUIN YOUR DAY.i will fix it.is that better mike??????

Yes actually that is much better.....:D

LIKE IT SAYS, WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT THE WAY I TYPE? DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT? SORRY,IF ITS GOing to RUIN YOUR DAY. I will fix it,is that better Mike??????

Was not complaining just busting your chops a little, if I was a grammar Nazi I would have made other suggestions such as punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, proper spacing, use of paragraphs, etc...:):

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    thats some funny stuff

o.k you win.you da man.can you tell i went to IPS.I think it's easier for me to type in caps.looks better i think.please don't get offended by it.i aint yelling at anyone.

Top Bottom