• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Any other marines or navy corpman filling out the forms sent to them about the water at camp lejuene from the late 50's to late 80's? The fuel farm was leaching into the water supply then, anyone else in indiana get these forms?
    thanks mike:rockwoot:

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    my father was there in the early 70's...he mentioned awhile back that they filled out some paperwork having to do with contaminated water while they lived there. I haven't heard anything else about it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My father was there, but is deceased due to an extremely rare (think, a few cases per year world-wide) cancer. Can anybody get me any information on what this paperwork is about?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Sorry, not at lejuene, but I have a pretty good feeling something similar is gonna come up from Marine Corps Base Hawaii. This water is so nasty if you leave it set out for a few days it starts to mold. Apparently from what some bbase inspectors said, there's tree roots that have grown into the old waterlines and causes all kinds of stuff to be able to get in.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    This paper work is a questionare from: ATSDR Health Survey of Marine Corps Personnel and Civilians in association with the U.S. Dept of Health Services agency for toxic substances and disease registry. If you were a serviceman at Camp Lejuene you should have gotten the paperwork for the survey it's a in depth questionare about your health since leaving Lejuene once you fill it out your wife (if you were married while at lejuene) will recieve one also. This is no joke you can research it by googling camp lejuene, it's been ongoing for some years the goverment is dragging their feet much like they were with agent orange.:(

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I got the forms and I was there. This is like the 5th time I have received paperwork in the mail and filled it out.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sorry, not at lejuene, but I have a pretty good feeling something similar is gonna come up from Marine Corps Base Hawaii. This water is so nasty if you leave it set out for a few days it starts to mold. Apparently from what some bbase inspectors said, there's tree roots that have grown into the old waterlines and causes all kinds of stuff to be able to get in.

Great in addition to Camp Lejeune I was also stationed at Marine Corps Base Hawaii - Kaneohe Bay. I dont remember the water being bad. But I do remember every morning in formation looking directly at the Pali. The exact cliff that King Kamehameha and his army pushed people off the cliffs. It was a majestic sight. I have a framed print of the the cliff and the event hanging in my living room to this day.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I got the forms and I was there. This is like the 5th time I have received paperwork in the mail and filled it out.

The Lejuene water deal has been ongoing for years, I see the MARADMINS constantly! Always a water survey going!

Great in addition to Camp Lejeune I was also stationed at Marine Corps Base Hawaii - Kaneohe Bay. I dont remember the water being bad. But I do remember every morning in formation looking directly at the Pali. The exact cliff that King Kamehameha and his army pushed people off the cliffs. It was a majestic sight. I have a framed print of the the cliff and the event hanging in my living room to this day.

I never drank water at Kaneoohe, strictly beer!! I may have accidentally swallowed some water once cutting the hose away from a sprinkler to make a hasty beer bong, but I'm pretty sure I didn't :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had 2 brothers there in the 60's. I was Navy so I went to Orlando. I'll check with them to see if they have any info.

Top Bottom