• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't know where would be the right place to post this thread. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly didn't seem right, and I didn't think General Discussion would be it either...

Anyway, with starting this new job I got I don't get off work until 3:30pm. I NEVER know my days off until the week before hand. WHO ON EARTH is open after 4pm as far as shooting ranges???? :dunno: Eagle Creek is only open til 4 and I'm NOT driving to Atterbury every week to shoot (not sure their times, forgot to look it up!) and I have NO clue where else is a range within driving distance from the westside. Pops i a little too far to drive being on the complete opposite side of indy...

I drive an 85 Chevy Custom Deluxe C10 so gas is a teeny tiny bit on the high side....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL mines a 305 4bbl rochester quadra jet with a 3spd auto. It would be nicer with a different Rear End and Tranny. I can punch it and not break traction unless it's wet out. On a lighter note, I can still do some wicked doughnuts and drifting it! :D Not hardly at all because shes pretty beat up and needs alot of TLC, but she tells me when it's ok. BTW, I haul! Give me a call! LMAO

ANYWAY, for real about the ranges. I only get a couple days off during the week and they will forever vary so if anyone knows where I could shoot after 4.... :D please! Thank you! If its private property I'll take reall good care not to shoot anything you'd rather me not! And I won't leave any trash as I'm a very enviromental minded individual! :D

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I hate to give him money, but Don's is open 10-10, all week. Please use him as a last resort though...

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    What's so wrong with Don's? Besides being Ex-"M-Word"?
    He is very proud of what he sells. He has a Mossberg 500 Cruiser/Persuader which he has listed as "rare, hard to find" for the 'bargain' price of $500. He also has a used Springfield XD9 with LaserMax sight for the 'too low to list, please PM for pricing' price of $1399.

Not to mention that he has sold more than his fair share of guns that have eventually been used to commit crimes.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I've heard Don's isn't really that bad...

As long as you wear a vest AND go during the daytime :)

ETA: and that whole "we're in the top 5 of gun-dealers whose guns are confiscated in crimes thing"

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Use the search function. Been done to death.

LOL Ok.

The price looks good, but the rules are longer than the rules that were at my BOY SCOUT CAMP! And we had a Rifle range which was also used for pistols when "under 18" weren't on the range! HOLY COW! I couldn't even keep all those rules straight! LOL Sounds like a REALLY nice place, but I would hate to pay 80 bucks and get kicked out my first day because I picked up my UNLOADED gun while away from the line! I understand it's a club and they have the right to make as many rules as they want for, call it safety, whatever, but it almost looks like State Gun Control Laws to me. And what if I owned a PA-63 that shot the 9x18mm Makarov? Its not listed as accepted... I don't have one, but I almost bought one. Its just, wow, never seen a range with so many RULES!:wtf:

Ok I'm done posting for a while. I pledged to stop posting so much and be more of an observer. I just wondered if there was anyone open later towards the westside or Hendricks/Morgan counties. I appreciate everyones help, but it looks like I'd be better off finding someone with some land somewhere who will let me shoot! LOL Good luck I know! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I used to go to Don's range on sunday morning before anyone else would get there. It was convient and only $7 per half hour. Went there a couple months ago and it is now $14 per half hour. Ouch! The range isn't supervised well. Had a guy in the pistol lane next to me shooting a 20ga with bird shot. Good thing my half hour was up.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    MCF&G is kind of rule heavy, but they are right in next to Speedway and there are houses nearby.

The biggest complaint I have heard from members there is that they have soooo much stuff going on there that the range is rarely free in the evenings. If you work a 2nd shift job, it is a great place to go during the day though.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    MCF&G. The rules are there to cover their butts as well as anything but it is really just common sense and courtisy to others. I have never had a problem there and it is a nice place to shoot.
    If I had one complaint which really isn't a compliant. It would be that they have a lot of activities and you want to check there calander before going out to make sure the range is open.
    I suggest bear through the rules and join. You won't be sorry.
    Nice and convienant to the west side.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Some of our rules @ Eagle Creek suck too:
    You can shoot the mighty .500, however, you cant shoot .30 M1. I guess that is the hedge against people bringing out bigger and bigger rifles until we are then essentally a rifle range (although the police shoot rifles out there all the time during the week).

Sad thing is I have a new to me revolver in .32-20, technically a rifle round. :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    :+1: for what has been said about MCFG. I shot there and enjoyed the place. It seems like unfortunately the days of logical range rules are gone, and ranges (are forced to?) play the CYA game. Instead of weeding out the idiots and throwing people out when they are dangerous, they make rules that restrict the majority to account for the bad apples. This may or may not be viewed as criticism, but I challenge you to prove that it's an inaccurate statement. I agree that taken with a grain of salt, MCFG is a good place to shoot. I understand that they are trying to do the best job they can to keep people safe and prevent a few morons from getting their club shut down. Admittedly, all these rules in the name of "safety" get a little hard to stomach.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey guys I really appreciate your help. I think I'll go check out MCF&G and the Danville club. I might even get froggy and check out Don's. I'm hoping to work something out so we can get out to Pop's cause I really wanna go there to shoot. Its just so damn FAR! LOL Of course Atterbury is FARTHER. LOL I REALLY wish I coulda had weekends off to work at Eagle Creek. Maybe once I find another job, a good job. I'd LOVE to find a good driving job since I have my chauffeurs license... Anyway, again, I really appreciate all your help!

Top Bottom