• Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Feds: No evidence weapons found in Freeman Twp. woods connected to militia

Paul Egan / The Detroit News

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100414/METRO/4140406/1361/Feds--No-evidence-weapons-found-in-Freeman-Twp.-woods-connected-to-militia#ixzz0l9Ire4cW

There is no evidence that militia activity is linked to a cache of weapons found in a rural area in Clare County north of Lansing, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said today.
    Special Agent Donald Dawkins said his bureau got a call from the Clare County Sheriff's Department Tuesday afternoon after a man chopping wood discovered a cache of weapons in a wooded area.
    More than 30 weapons were found, mostly handguns, with about five long guns, Dawkins said.
    "They were not hidden. They were just there," he said. "I don't believe they were loaded. I did not get a report of any ammunition."
    Clare County sheriff's officials said the guns were found in Freeman Township, about 110 miles north of Lansing, the Associated Press reported.
    Dawkins said ATF officials are now working to trace the guns but for now "we have no reason to believe" they are connected with a militia group. He was not sure if the guns were found on public or private land.
    A federal grand jury indictment unsealed March 29 accused nine members of a militia group based in Lenawee County of plotting to kill police officers and wage war against the U.S. government. All nine are being held without bond to await trial.

Not sure if they were found on private land? Wouldn't that be the first thing you check, just in case you were confiscating someones legally owned property? Maybe......now put on your tin foil hats......these weapons were planted by someone on the left. Just to keep the "crazy right wing" rhetoric going. hmmmmm. Maybe?:dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Man to Police Department: "Hey, I was out chopping some wood and I came across about...uh...50 guns. Thought I'd let you know."

Responding officer to Superior: "Hey Lt., This guy found like 45 guns in the woods over here."

Lt. to Chief: "Chief, you're not going to believe this, but this guy found 35 guns in the woods! Handguns and a few rifles."

Chief to PR Spokesperson: "Hey Bob, send a release to the newspaper that a cachet of 30 weapons were found in the woods up here."

No, no, NO this is NOT Cop Bashing. It's called HUMOR. Please, Denny347 don't hit me with your knight stick. Again. :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So there were 30 guns laying out in the woods? The guy that found them didn't know whose land he was cutting wood on? This whole story seems strange.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Yeah this story does not jive, why in the heck would someone leave 30 guns in the woods??? Stolen? and got scared and dumped them? And of course he came across them in all the woods??

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county

Not sure if they were found on private land? Wouldn't that be the first thing you check, just in case you were confiscating someones legally owned property? Maybe......now put on your tin foil hats......these weapons were planted by someone on the left. Just to keep the "crazy right wing" rhetoric going. hmmmmm. Maybe?:dunno:

Very good questions. This whole story just doesn't seem right.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Is it now a de facto statement that militia = evil, racist, anarchist group that only exists to overthrow the government at the first available opportunity?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I think I would go with stolen guns that was dumped by the thieves because they was afraid to try and sell them or get caught with them. If it was militia they would not just leave them laying around. Plus if it was militia, it would be more rifles then handguns.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Mystery solved.

NEW: Guns found in Clare County stolen from Midland County
    Nearly three dozen guns found in a remote area in Clare County were stolen from a Midland County couple, police said Thursday.

The owner of the guns saw a report of the find on television news Wednesday and went to a storage unit to check on his weapons, and found they were gone, Clare County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Mike Coon said.

The man, who recently moved to Midland County from Texas, was unaware that Michigan requires owners to register their weapons, Coon said.

Because the man and his wife were new to Michigan, they rented a storage unit for the guns and planned on retrieving them once they found a home, Coon said.

I still liked my theory better. Guess I'll have to put my tin foil hat away. On a side note, how dare those people not register their firearms as soon as they crossed the Michigan state line.(was i supposed to use purple?)

Top Bottom