• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I was at Cabelas in Louisville over the weekend. Their website said they had .22lr in stock. Hmm, none were on the shelves so I asked the guy working in that dept. and he said, he had not seen any .22lr ammo in weeks. Someone is telling a big ole lie somewhere.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I don't know how their website works, but can you see if a specific store has said item? I figured it would just show what they have in their system nation-wide, not necessarily at that store...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't think I would go about saying a place is 'untrustworthy' because a website said they had stock and the particular store you went to did not. They may have stock throughout their system but not at that store. You could have ordered it online and set it up to pick up at the Louisville location.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The website is different than the store. You see it online, order it. Period. I have a Cabela's minutes from my house. I get lucky and they get a bunch of 9mm, 22lr, and .45, I get some if I need it. If I see that they list some online, I get some if I need it. Because it's on the shelves, doesn't mean they have it online, and because their website says that they have some to sell you via their website, does not mean that the stores have it in stock.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    The website is different than the store. You see it online, order it. Period. I have a Cabela's minutes from my house. I get lucky and they get a bunch of 9mm, 22lr, and .45, I get some if I need it. If I see that they list some online, I get some if I need it. Because it's on the shelves, doesn't mean they have it online, and because their website says that they have some to sell you via their website, does not mean that the stores have it in stock.
    This ^^^

The website is for their main warehouse not the individual stores. So unless there is an option I have not seen that lets you check the availability of an individual store these two things are not connected.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    When I ventured to the Cabella's in Louisville, it was my first to such an establishment. It was full of great stuffs but most overpriced. I'd just as soon stay in on the Indiana side and go to ass Bro ShopP.

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Did you go to management and tell them about their deceptive inventory on their website? Did you demand that they pay for your gasoline for the wasted roundtrip to their store?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Cabelas Louisville is MUCH, MUCH better than Bass Pro Clarksville.

Much better selection of shooting supplies/ammo/reloading components, with better prices to boot.

That said, this morning BPS Clarksville had a large supply of CCI-400 & BR4s, along with a few 100ct boxes of 22LR CCI Mini-Mag at $8.99/pop (behind the counter).

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    They got you into the store.
    Did you buy anything else while you were there? :ingo:
    Your statement is by far the best response. To answer the question, yes, I did buy other stuff. To answer another question which was why I didn't call before going to their store? If it is recommended to call before going, than why have the website in the first place? Why list "in stock" or "out of stock", in the first place if you need to call the store? Don't list something as "in stock", just to get people in your store. That is being un-trustworthy. Same with calling. I have called other stores where they say a particular item is in, until you get there, and then they say we just sold the last one. Sure it happens, but not that often. You know what I`m talking about, it has to have happened to others. They should stop listing if something is in or not, just list the products that they carry. I thing its a ****-poor way to treat customers. I like Cabelas, I will continue to buy from Cabelas, but I wont trust the website. Just my :twocents:. Well maybe my :twocents::twocents:.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't want to start a flame war but the web site is for web sales, not individual stocked items at different stores. I don't believe it says anywhere on their web site that it is depicting stocked items at any one location. Again, if you want something you can order it on line and have it shipped, for free, to any Cabela's location you choose.

Top Bottom