• ...and so much more!
  • IndianaCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Indy-Southside
    picture.php

So I decided to buy a red light for my .223 coyote gun to hunt at night. I found a scope mounted LED light at Cabelas for $119 and thought I would give it a try. There were only 3 reviews on their website and 2 were negative. The problem they were having was the pressure switch to turn the light on/off wasn't working (loose wire on the light housing). There is also a push button on/off on the back of the light. I decided to go for it anyway and took it out tonight for some coyote action.

The good news is that the light is super bright (532 lumens) for what it is and the batteries are in the light housing which is a plus. The bad news, however, is that the reviewers were right, the pressure switch didn't work. It worked fine in my house, but as soon as I got it out tonight it was a no go. That wasn't as bad as the scope mount is too loose. The light kept slipping to one side and was never really tight. I found on another forum where someone used a scope ring to mount it, but for $120 this thing should just work out of the box.

Cabela's LED Scope Light

So now I'm thinking about sending it back and trying something else. Has anybody else used this light and have better luck? BTW, didn't see any yotes out tonight and thought it was really quiet.

Top Bottom