• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sure we can. The reps can do what ever they like. There is strength in numbers. And they have the numbers. I hope they drive all of the wealth into the pockets of the upper .25%. I don't care to be wealthy and pity those who do. This is not going to balance the budget. But some will become financially more wealthy. Most will not be Americans. Watch and see.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    To celebrate the republicans should take a day trip to say Illinois. At their own expense of course but that would be funny. Illinois should really come up with a new motto to promote tourism with their new "guests."

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    *Note to Dems*

Hey there. Hope you're enjoying your vacation.
    We're doing lots of neat stuff here while you're gone.
    Don't worry, we'll call if we need to spend any money.

Take your time and enjoy Illinois. lol

Sincerely,

The majority

;)

jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Things are starting to get interesting in WI. I am looking forward to see how this all plays out. I have a feeling there will be some lawyers involved when it is all said and done.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Before I have to remove any more posts, let me remind everyone that making a death wish against a public official will result in an automatic ban.

:mods:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sure we can. The reps can do what ever they like. There is strength in numbers. And they have the numbers. I hope they drive all of the wealth into the pockets of the upper .25%. I don't care to be wealthy and pity those who do. This is not going to balance the budget. But some will become financially more wealthy. Most will not be Americans. Watch and see.

You're partially right. This bill won't cure their budget ills at all.

But what it DOES do is to empower an employer with the rights that they should have as an employer.

The right not to be held hostage by employees. The right to determine what wages + benefits to award to certain positions. The right to get rid of under-performing employees without a long, drawn-out process of "remediation" and "work improvement plans".

It also grants employers the rights to reward those employees who deserve it.

Of course, all of this is still quite limited due to it all being "government money"; but the principle remains: Employers should not be held hostage by employees.

If any employees don't like it, they're FREE to find other employment.

-J-

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Obama said it to the republicans, "get over it...we won the election", now get to the back of the bus. Its time the dems take their own medicine.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If those Republicans were really smart they would take advantage of this loophole to repeal all kinds of unconstitutional laws like gun control. Then when the Dems show up to stop it lock the doors and take care of the spending issues that they need a quorum for.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The real reason Indiana House Democrats are in Illinois: Pubic Employee Unions and Democrat re-election campaign funds are essentially a money laundering scheme. Without the union money there is no campaign fund. "Collective bargaining" is essentially "Hey, take taxpayer money and give these union workers more pay and better benefits," and the Democrats say, "OK," and the Union says, "Here's some more campaign money."

This is not like a coal miners union or a grocery store union or any other union where workers contribute to the economy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom