• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Dillsboro
    I purchased a couple guns last month which recently arrived at my FFL. Long story short, I filled out the 4473 last Saturday and went to the dreaded 'delay'. It's now been 4-5 business days and I'm still delayed. I assume the FFL will release them today since he doesn't have an answer back, but my question is - I'm going to the 1500 tomorrow, sorta kinda maybe looking for an AR, IF I find something to my liking, and since I still have an open 4473 that I guess truly hasn't been resolved, will I run into problems??

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have had the same problem and the answer is yes. The forms you filled out for the previous purchase is just for that purchase. A new will be needed for each future purchase. I talked to the BATAF about the delays and they said since IN went to the lifetime permit it happens more frequently. I asked about getting one of the special PIN from the FBI and if that would help and was told all that does it gives them the right to keep your paper work on file and not destroy it after purchase but does not guaranty an approval.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Dillsboro
    I know the 4473 is only good for one transaction. My question is since this initial transaction is still 'open' with truly no resolution - they haven't called back, can I have a second 4473 going at the same time? I think the answer is yes, but will probably get delayed again.... which makes buying anything at the 1500 painful. I'm glad the gubment is protecting me from myself....;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is a very good chance you will again receive a delay, but it is remotely possible that you can receive a procede. I have had a couple of times when I called in a 4473 that they were having a "computer issue" and delayed the sale. I had one memorable "delay" where the person processing the 4473 told me delay, but hold the line, transfered me to a "supervisor" who immediately gave me a procede number. My guess on that one is the original processor fat fingered a key and couldn't clear it.

As for you, all you can do is try a purchase and see what happens. It is a pain that protects our right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed. I guess it is all in how you define "infringed".

Best of luck!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    There will plenty of folks selling them off there back. FTF you don't have to worry about a 4473. Just find a walker and negotiate a price, you will have better luck saving money too.

Top Bottom