• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Thought I'd save some cash and ordered a handgun from Buds last Sunday night. After everything clearing Sunday evening and 4 days in "processing" it finally shipped on Friday.:rolleyes:

Buds is in Lexington, KY and as shown on UPS tracking the package arrived and departed two times (where it dosen't say) before leaving SHREVEPORT, LA.:n00b::n00b::n00b: It's shown in Louisville, KY as of now, and to be delivered on Tuesday.

What's up with all that???? Wonder where the handgun came from if it arrived and departed 2 times before leaving Shreveport? It's a Ruger revolver so it didn't come from Prescott. Bud's claimed it was "in stock" when I purchased it.

I'm confused!:dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I won't buy from Buds again, plenty of other places for the same price and you don't have to wait a week for the gun to ship.

As to the UPS mishap? Who knows, that may not be the fault of Buds. Of course it may, they have been known to put the wrong shipping addy on packages and catch them en route and then reroute them which resets transit time.

Buds is like Botach to me. Generally not worth the hassle unless it's a REALLY REALLY good deal.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    If it came from Shrieveport LA then it was shipped out from a distributor called Sports South LLC. We use them too sometimes.

That might explain it.:yesway: I just was curious as to why Bud's said it was in stock, and it didn't come straight from Lexington.:dunno:

If it had, I'd have my new "toy" by now!:rockwoot:Oh well it's been too crappy out to go shooting anyway.:( Hurry up Tuesday!!!:D

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have bought from them. I thought they were alright. Buying online will always take longer than going to a store. Whether or not its worth the savings is a personal choice.

The nice thing about buying online is that its not like its something you can return anyway. Other things are worth buying locally because if you have a problem you don't have to ship it back. Guns are non-returnable anyway, so who cares.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I have bought from them. I thought they were alright. Buying online will always take longer than going to a store. Whether or not its worth the savings is a personal choice.

The nice thing about buying online is that its not like its something you can return anyway. Other things are worth buying locally because if you have a problem you don't have to ship it back. Guns are non-returnable anyway, so who cares.

I have often wondered about that, why are guns "NON-RETURNABLE"?

INGunGuy

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    It's called drop shipping.

I know what drop shipping is.:rolleyes: Never figured it would/could be used with firearms.

With Bud's, firearms ARE returnable. I/you must throughly inspect them BEFORE signing the transfer. If you are not happy because it is defective or damaged, you CAN refuse it. After that it is like any other firearm you buy, you return it to the manufacturer. In MY case it would be... Ruger.:D Who else?

I've got a box of .38's just waiting!!!:yesway:

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes we do quite a few transfers from Buds and about half of those come from Sports South in Louisiana. They once shipped us 2 of the same guns instead of one but returning was not a big hassle.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

I ordered a British Enfield No. 5 rifle from Southern Ohio Guns that was supposed to be in very good condition. When I received it the wood was dry rotted so bad you could break off splinters with your finger nails.....I called them and they sent me a shipping label and I dropped the rifle off at UPS and they credited my charge card.
    It cost me nothing to send it back.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I just recently bought M&P45c from Bud's Police Supply and couldn't be happier.. Processing and shipping was great.... IMO with internet orders, once it gets shipped it's a crap shoot...

Top Bottom