• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoBigRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    I don't know if anybody on here is subscribed to BusinessWeek, but their cover article this week was referring to Glock's (and semi-automatics in general) as "killing machines." I wish I could link the story on here, but unfortunately they require subscriptions. Anyway, the article included a nice history of the rise of Glocks in the United States, but the main point was to bash semi-automatics, and high capacity magazines. It obviously focused on the Arizona shooting and made rediculous claims such as if semi-automatics were banned this wouldn't happen. I was really disappointed that they would take such a stance on a weapon that has saved more lives in the line of duty and self defense than a six-shooter could. At the end they at least admitted that high-capacity magazines and semi-automatics would never be banned because of advocates such as us :rockwoot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder what Business Week would have done if the guy used the traditional Arab device instead of the traditional American device for murder? A car bomb would have been much more devastating.

Regardless, they seem to give life to an inanimate object, as if the pistol caused the guy to become a killer. Standard rants of those that don't have a clue.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Right more gun laws would have prevented this..? Okay well how about the Columbine shooting in 99? That was during the assault weapons ban, which banned hi cap mags and if I remember right.. one of the shooters who was underage managed to get a hold of a Tec 9 that had a 30 round mag and a threaded barrel.

All of which including the Tec 9 itself fell into the criteria of being a "banned" gun.
    That was still used in murder.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Lord help us if somebody uses a sharp pencil and takes out 10 people in a grocery store with neck stabs. It would be alot quieter than a gun. Then we'll have to use charcoal pencils as they break when you try to use them as a weapon.

"No 2 Pencils, Americas Most Wanted Killer!"

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I own a M&P because Glocks will just make people randomly kill people. So far my M&P has kept me sane enough that I havnt even thought about killing anyone. But at the gunshow I was checking out a Glock 17 and I was instantly overcome with thoughts of killing....... But heck, who am I do dispute BusinessWeek?

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I own a M&P because Glocks will just make people randomly kill people. So far my M&P has kept me sane enough that I havnt even thought about killing anyone. But at the gunshow I was checking out a Glock 17 and I was instantly overcome with thoughts of killing....... But heck, who am I do dispute BusinessWeek?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I wonder what Business Week would have done if the guy used the traditional Arab device instead of the traditional American device for murder? A car bomb would have been much more devastating.

Regardless, they seem to give life to an inanimate object, as if the pistol caused the guy to become a killer. Standard rants of those that don't have a clue.

They would've had an article that said "Killing Machine", with a bag of Urea fertilizer under the caption.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

I sold my last Glock because I kept hearing voices when I held it.

Not now...:D

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    The reason Business Week has so few subscribers left, other than doctor and dentist offices, is that they worry about Glocks and other political agendas instead of focusing on what their title implies... BUSINESS! LOL.

I don't read such things because as AJG357 noted, I don't want my Glock mad at me.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The reason Business Week has so few subscribers left, other than doctor and dentist offices, is that they worry about Glocks and other political agendas instead of focusing on what their title implies... BUSINESS! LOL.

I don't read such things because as AJG357 noted, I don't want my Glock mad at me.

The ONLY reason they still have subscribers is because they literally give it away. I got a subscription three years ago for like $6 for a year. I opted not to renew it the next year, and the called me up and offered me 6 months free. It was free, so I kept it. Six months later they called and tried to get me to renew. I declined. Two weeks after that, they offered me another six months free. I then got a call with an offer to let me renew it at $6 again, and I did. When that came up for subscription and I declined, sure enough, another free year. At this point I am done with it. I glance at it, then throw it in the burn pile. It will be interesting to see how long they will continue to give it away though.

I did get a chuckle out of the cover of that though. They were clearly going for shock value, and it turned out looking ridiculous.

Top Bottom