• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    well guy I know had this Brand New in BOX..and was hurting for money and, he had to sell for whatever reason...I gave him $650 for it...was this a good purchase? he paid $900 for it. Bushmaster Patrolman ... Need to know cause if not a keeper its a reseller...Thanks

ar.jpg

ar2.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For a shooter, $650 is ok, maybe a little high. He probably paid $900 for it during the height of the panic buying.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    He bought it less then a month ago.. I thought he really over paid and I told him this. Am i safe to keep it a 650 or should i let it go. Its brand new never fired other then factory test... and I have heard that the patrolman sell for upwards of 800 to 900?

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    There was a point when you couldn't touch one for 900.00. Like BigTanker said, it was probably bought some time ago. Still in all, I wouldn't be embarrassed to say I paid that much for it. GO SHOOT IT!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He bought it less then a month ago.. I thought he really over paid and I told him this. Am i safe to keep it a 650 or should i let it go. Its brand new never fired other then factory test... and I have heard that the patrolman sell for upwards of 800 to 900?

Well, if it came with the LG phone... ;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd say you helped out a friend and didn't get hurt in the process. I'd probably stick it in the safe and tell him he can buy it back for what he paid down the road. If not I'd just hang on to it and sell it during the next panic.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Cause he thought he was gonna make some money and he was wrong lol

No that's not the case lol...I know for a fact I could turn 50 bucks off it not much...but better then nothing in my book....

Was going to ponder cause I found a old Springfield I was wanting to get..but now if I keep this I don't get thats....but your right I help him out so no biggie...It will shoot and I'm sure it will do what needs done in any home evasions, or shtf situation...and that's all that matters

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Ok well enlighten me then whats the going rate on this model no BS just the facts.....cause what I am seeing on Google is around 750 and up...so please...feed me more

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Guess I'm wondering about all the flaws of the bushmaster. Cause I'm finding nothing on this....is this about the same as the poorly built Core AR with lifetime warranty? ...really wanting to know...and I guess live and learn...you can't bring me down I always on top...lol

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Guess I'm wondering about all the flaws of the bushmaster. Cause I'm finding nothing on this....is this about the same as the poorly built Core AR with lifetime warranty? ...really wanting to know...and I guess live and learn...you can't bring me down I always on top...lol

they're just bustin your chops. it's a good rifle. keep it, buy lots of mags and ammo, shoot the heck out of it,

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    they're just bustin your chops. it's a good rifle. keep it, buy lots of mags and ammo, shoot the heck out of it,

This.

There's nothing wrong with Bushmaster. They aren't the top of the line now with the flood of quality AR parts and companies now on the market. If you would have asked us 10-15 years ago, Bushmaster would have been rated very highly because what was available. Colt was pricey and almost non-existant. Olympic made junk, their decent rifles costing ALOT. Stag was okay, but harder to find. Blackthorn/Hesse/Vulcan were known garbage, but people bought them because they were cheap. Nowadays, with companies like Palmetto making quality ARs affordable, and Colt finally coming down in price to something on par with the others, quality is available.

Bushmaster, higher end DPMS, Stag, etc... they all will work as long as they are vetted with some round count. They go bang, put a hole in something and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. People chase TDP all day long, or "So and So sez to use this" and while its all well and good for them, I have no qualms in using an AR from any of those companies. I have good Palmettos as well as one of the DPMS Iraqi contract carbines. I ended up selling the DPMS contract carbine to a friend for cheap after I went through it and replaced some of the consumable parts. He needed an AR and I felt it would be perfect for him: Simple, no frills, a few mags and reliable. It shot well, did okay for accuracy (within milspec guidelines, 4MOA, got about 3 with irons and decent ammo).

Sometimes, in the chase, we forget the basics. I would have taken that poor DPMS, horrible finish wear and half-lifed barrel and all with me anywhere, I'd waltz Matilda with that thing. I knew its strengths, had minimal weaknesses and those were corrected. Would I prefer my higher end rifles? Sure. But at the end of the day... I like simple.

OP: CDNN has Bushy's every so often for about $650 new. But, they have LOTS of guns, for REALLY cheap. It just comes down to what will market bear. Sure, your friend paid 900 and I'd bet when he bought it, that is what the market would have borne for it. Now, with the flood of inexpensive, quality parts, it's just another decent carbine that someone may have overpaid for it. You got a decent deal. Shoot it, keep it and just know it's there.

Top Bottom