• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im not sure but i think 21st century had one close to that. personally id spend a few extra bucks to support local businesses. it may even save you money to buy from them since you can skip the transfer fee

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd pass. For $150 more you could get a "real" high quality mil-spec Spikes M4. Skip the carbon models.

:twocents:

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I have this rifle, got it from Bradis earlier this year. It is $650, but remember that this includes a Bushnell micro red dot that is worth around $100, so you are effectively paying $550 for a pretty decent rifle. I will link at the bottom to the review I did on mine. Overall I have been very happy with it and like the light weight of the platform. I have put 500+ rounds of 5.56 through it so far with not a single problem. I think most of the bashers of the Carbon-15 on here are a few years out of date, this rifle uses the same components as any of the other Bushmaster M4 style rifles with the exception of the upper and lower receiver housings being made of carbon reinforced polymers instead of aluminum (many of these guys may still hate Glocks too :dunno: )

So, in my opinion the Carbon-15 is a good rifle, but with that said you can get a VERY good rifle for $799 from Spikes Tactical. The Spikes may be $250 more, but it has a lot of the little and not so little things that the Bushmaster Carbon is lacking such as M4 Feedramps, 1:7 Twist Barrel, Front Site Post, etc... I do not think nor has it been proven to me that the Carbon Polymer receivers are a problem in any way, but Bushmaster did cut corners on this rifle in other ways to keep the price down. These small things add up and may or may not be important to you, but they are important to understand. If I had to do it all over again, I would think hard about building a rifle with mostly Spikes or similar quality components while possible using the Carbon receivers to keep the weight down.

Good luck in your decision, here is the review I did on my Carbon 15 https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/95480-bushmaster_c15_orc_dial-up_beware.html

Top Bottom