• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Overall I did not care for the 215Gear single-point bungee sling. I found it to be about 6" too long, even when adjusted to its shortest length. If it were 6" shorter it would hold tighter to my body, and the rifle would hang in a better position. And the bungee material would still have allowed me to shoulder my rifle on either shoulder, make shoulder transitions, and transition to pistol without fear of the rifle flopping all around. Of course there would still be more movement than a 2-point sling simply due to configuration. So the sling either needs to be shorter, or I need to be bigger around.

Here you can see the difference between when I maintain control over the rifle, and where it falls when its let loose. It comes to rest several inches below where I feel it should be.

Try wearing it over your body armor. It should fit just right.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just picked up a different bungee style sling from another INGOer. Looking forward to trying this one out.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We are big fans of the OSOE bungee slings. Very comfortable, good for shoulder transitions and muzzle striking. Haven't experienced any of the negatives others are talking about using those specific slings.

While in Camden, TN I stopped by the SOE shop and John sold me one. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ghting_pistol_april_27_28_2013_camden_tn.html

9394_580000525358228_2035015889_n.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    After about 6 months of putting it off, I finally put the finishing touches on this comparison review!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-single-point-bungee-sling-comparison.html

And to amend something I had said originally about the 215 Gear sling---

Overall I did not care for the 215Gear single-point bungee sling. I found it to be about 6" too long, even when adjusted to its shortest length.

After doing more research I realized that this sling is marketed as being "for the industrial-sized operator", meaning specifically for bigger guys. So I can't fault the sling itself for being too large for me.

Top Bottom