• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That's an excellent price!

The ISD Bulgaria "bullet" mags are generally considered to be inferior to the Arsenal Bulgaria "waffle" mags, because they lack any kind of metal reinforcement at the feed lips or locking lugs. Good enough for casual range use, but I wouldn't expect them to hold up to any kind of abuse (classes, matches, etc), and wouldn't recommend them for personal protection, LE/military duty, or SHTF purposes.

My :twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    That's an excellent price!

The ISD Bulgaria "bullet" mags are generally considered to be inferior to the Arsenal Bulgaria "waffle" mags, because they lack any kind of metal reinforcement at the feed lips or locking lugs. Good enough for casual range use, but I wouldn't expect them to hold up to any kind of abuse (classes, matches, etc), and wouldn't recommend them for personal protection, LE/military duty, or SHTF purposes.

My :twocents:
    My 40 round Bulgarian "bullet" mags have steel feed lips molded in them. :dunno:
    Mike

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My 40 round Bulgarian "bullet" mags have steel feed lips molded in them. :dunno:

Interesting. We've got both the black and clear "bullet" mags at the shop; I'll check 'em out when I'm there this weekend.

There are also polymer "slabside" mags made by the same Bulgarian firm; the clear variation, at least, does not appear to have any metal reinforcements:

cdnn_2111_101690895

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Interesting. We've got both the black and clear "bullet" mags at the shop; I'll check 'em out when I'm there this weekend.

There are also polymer "slabside" mags made by the same Bulgarian firm; the clear variation, at least, does not appear to have any metal reinforcements:

cdnn_2111_101690895
    I picked up mine at Dunhams. They were overpriced at $25.00 each but I wanted some 40's for my Bulgarian AK.
    The only reason that I bought the polymer mags was that they had the steel inserts in the feed lips. They are the "Bullet" pattern and are marked "Made in Bulgaria." :dunno: I believe that they are mentioned in the 2010 Guns & Ammo AK 47 book.
    Mike

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Nighthawk,
    Don't worry, the Bulgarian bullet mags are good to go. Yes, they are not built as tough as the Circle 10 Bulgarian mags however they work just as well.

They work perfectly in all of my AK's. The clear mag I have has been used and kept loaded for over 2 years now with no issues.

The black mags have the steel reinforced lips but the clears are non reinforced.

Great price by the way.

Last edited:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    ok i ordered 5 of these from apex and they would not go into my century ak. they were to thick and the part on the side of the mag that angles inward was to far forward to seat correctly . To use them i would have had to really open up my receiver.I wouldn't get them. Bulgarian's although expensive are the best option.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I bought a bunch of the polymer mags for about $6 each around 2 years ago and love them. They were made in the US by Thermold from the same material used in the polymer framed guns. The nice thing about them is that if you have a WASR or other rifle with a "loose" mag well, these fit perfectly right out of the box. They can be snug if the mag well is tight w/steel mags, but break in fairly quickly for a perfect "custom" fit. I got them from Atlantic Firearms, but don't see them listed any longer. AK47 & AR15 Magazines

Top Bottom