• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I'm glad you put in the part about making a tea with it. I was picturing you walking the garden with a big ol' chaw in your cheek and spitting. :):

iu

“Chief I was just wondering that mangy red bone hound has no place to go either “

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I’m still thinking gasoline and a match will just be easier :lmfao: However these pumpkins started late and aren’t producing so I’ll likely dig them up and dispose of them, hopefully taking the little ******* with them!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Dug up the pumpkin vine, drug it to the driveway, and let go in a blaze of glory :lmfao: I figured if the little suckers are impervious to most poison they’re not impervious to lighter fluid and a match….
    I found some of those on my zucchini plants.. ehhhh time for fire!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I didn't want to say anything, but since you brought it up...

...that boy looks like he needs to get out in the sun a little more. :)
    Yeah, he does. I’m going to have to buy him a leash and drag him out! I got a tree stump that needs to go, that might be a good job for him…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've started battling
    ...Keep an eye out for these when you are inspecting...

View attachment 220110

The vine borers are often there when the squash bugs are.

I missed seeing these.1662697600412.png Seeing this now though...

20220909_002205.jpg

I found the still small vine borer and cut it in half. Trying to save the vine now, burying the surgery section in compost, under a pile of shredded box mulch. We will see?...

I have been lucky, so far not seeing squash bugs. I do have spotted cucumber beatles eating the squash blossoms and leaves. I started vacuuming them up this evening and have some yellow sticky traps on the way from Amazon.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've started battling

I missed seeing these.View attachment 222881 Seeing this now though...

View attachment 222880

I found the still small vine borer and cut it in half. Trying to save the vine now, burying the surgery section in compost, under a pile of shredded box mulch. We will see?...

I have been lucky, so far not seeing squash bugs. I do have spotted cucumber beatles eating the squash blossoms and leaves. I started vacuuming them up this evening and have some yellow sticky traps on the way from Amazon.

Been gone for a week and came home to all my cukes and zukes looking like that. Bummed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Been gone for a week and came home to all my cukes and zukes looking like that. Bummed.

I hate to say much yet, as I'm heading out to inspect the garden now. I think I might have successfully aborted the borers from two vines? There were good results as of yesterday, with the wilted leaves recovering. Middle of the day sun though, the effected vines still show sign of not being completely normal like the rest.

Top Bottom