• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Back in the early-mid 80's, there was a buffet place in Kokomo called Duffy's. All the food was on a big, rotating table. I have only been there once, and I was just a kid back then, but I still remember it. I think Duffy's may be gone- I can't find any references to it online, but is there a restaurant in Kokomo with a big, rotating table?

Elkrock777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Yea, it has been closed down for years. I remember going there when I was a kid. The big rotating table was really cool.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I actually think it was Duff's. We had one in Evansville. The big rotating table was pretty neat but if memory serves the food down here was pretty bland.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    I actually think it was Duff's.

Ah yes, it was Duff's. As kids, we didn't care about how the food tasted. We just thought the buffet table was cool. Plus, we were having too much fun mixing together every pop and juice in the soda fountain, trying to make the grossest drink.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    We had one of those in Marion too. Had a big stuffed grizzly in the lobby which just added to the coolness factor. Food? Dont remember anything about it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I actually think it was Duff's. We had one in Evansville. The big rotating table was pretty neat but if memory serves the food down here was pretty bland.

There was 4 maybe 5 in Indianapolis, one in Bloomington also, I think the one in Bloomington was run out of business buy the IU football team and the students.:popcorn:

I loved that huge rotating table, just had to be sure you was on top of what was coming around the bend.

Food was bland for a reason, Duff's and places like today's Country Buffet and many other cafeterias tend to have a very large gathering of senor citizens and therefore foods don't have a lot of spices to them.

Top Bottom