• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For you Wendy's fans out there, you can still order a Home Run (four 1/4 lb. patties). It's been off the menu for 20 years, but there's always been a button on the cash register for it. Whether or not the kid operating it will know how to ring it up is another matter entirely...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Slight :hijack::

There was a restaurant in South Texas I read of (never went there) that had a meal on the menu which might have been a good deal if you had a good appetite when you went in. As I recall, it was a large steak (16-20 oz, I think), baked potato, veggies, salad, dessert, rolls, and drink, and if you could eat everything edible on the plate, you got the meal for free. If you could not, of course, the cost was something like $50/plate, and this was at least 15 years ago, so adjust for modern pricing.

I wish I could remember the restaurant name. I'm not sure I could polish it all off, but I'd sure be willing to give it a try.

This, OTOH....
    buger.jpg
    YIKES! :eek:

Back on topic, if I was closer to Carmel, yeah, I'd go for this.

Blessings,
    B

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Where is Bub's?

Never heard of Bub's. Don't know where it is but I think I can handle it if they don't load it down with a bunch of rabbit food! Maybe 3-4 slices of cheese................

Recently heard of a place in Michigan that has a BLT with one pound of bacon. I think they need to get together for the ultimate bacon cheeseburger. :thumbsup:

My cholesterol went up from typing this! :rolleyes:

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Slight :hijack::

There was a restaurant in South Texas I read of (never went there) that had a meal on the menu which might have been a good deal if you had a good appetite when you went in. As I recall, it was a large steak (16-20 oz, I think), baked potato, veggies, salad, dessert, rolls, and drink, and if you could eat everything edible on the plate, you got the meal for free. If you could not, of course, the cost was something like $50/plate, and this was at least 15 years ago, so adjust for modern pricing.

I wish I could remember the restaurant name. I'm not sure I could polish it all off, but I'd sure be willing to give it a try.

This, OTOH....
    buger.jpg
    YIKES! :eek:

Back on topic, if I was closer to Carmel, yeah, I'd go for this.

Blessings,
    B

I think you're talking about "The Big Texan Steak Ranch" outside of Amarillo, only it's a 72 oz. steak and you have an hour to finish the meal to get it free. I tried the challenge twice (I really hate to lose), when I was driving over the road, and lost both times.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think you're talking about "The Big Texan Steak Ranch" outside of Amarillo, only it's a 72 oz. steak and you have an hour to finish the meal to get it free. I tried the challenge twice (I really hate to lose), when I was driving over the road, and lost both times.

I was told about one in San Antonio, actually, but I did read about the Big Texan today after I posted this. I also saw a couple of steak challenges in the 100 oz range as well as one that was over double that-which would be almost a 14 POUND steak. Plus trimmings.

I can put a good sized meal down, but I think a 14 pound steak is beyond ludicrous, and the idea of putting away a meal of any real size in less than an hour is kinda insane- I like enjoying the taste of my food, too, not just making my belly stick out and feeling like I have a rock in there for a couple of hours while things start to digest.

Thanks for posting, though!

Blessings,
    B

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ahhh..... just ate Bub's today for lunch!

Had the 1/2lb. burger with American cheese and bacon, with a side of "sloppy waffles". . . yum.

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    Their shakes and malts are pretty good. I like Bazbeaux's Pizza too, which is right across the street from Bub's. Try that out if you haven't yet...their quattro fromaggio pizza's is my favorite.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So we could do the Big Ugly, have a malt or two, then hop across the street and get some pizza. You should never try to eat (even pizza) on an empty stomach, I always say.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I might suggest that if we organize an INGO Bub's outing to devour one pound burgers that we also to a similar event with Sliders from White Castle. We have to have balance, after all!

i agree. sending an ingo eating team in there would be priceless.

I've heard of this Bub's and their one-pound burger, but I've not yet been there to challenge the challenge.

I have consumed a similar one-pound burger at Beef O'Brady's in Terre Haute.

What will they do if I can eat two of them? Actually, I'll bet my youngest nephew (he's 14) could eat two of them. He's normal-sized, but he's an eating machine. I saw him eat the one-pounder at Beef O'Brady's and he was still hungry.

spencer says he is in for a 1 pound burger. and pizza after. then some sliders on the way home. hehe.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    However, we should note that the most successful competitive eating champions are all skinny guys, sometimes to the extreme.
    I completely forgot about that little fact. Maybe I should reconsider. I have been able to surprise myself with the amount I can eat on occasion. It's just kinda rare and hard to predict.

White Castles are another story... bring them on!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Now you're talking!

I note that you did not introduce me to your woman on Sunday, by the way. I see where I rate!

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    You were the one pulling away as we walked up... I was planning on introducing you. We didn't have time to stick around for the full tear-down this time, otherwise we probably would've crossed paths again. I meant well!

Top Bottom