• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Picked this up this afternoon... Can't wait to try it out! Anyone else have any experience with one?

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have shot a few of these from time to time and enjoyed it everytime. A great way to get trigger time that is inexpensive and it, or a ruger 22/45, is on my list to purchase.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good purchase...

The Buck Mark is a great pistol. I have the pistol and rifle and they are tack drivers.

One thing to keep an eye on it that top strap. If the two screws get lose it will cause you problems.

Be careful when taking it apart, the recoil spring/guide rod is a combo unit and held together by a little c-clip. If that C-clip falls off then it can be a handfun to put back together. Also be careful not to bend that guide rod.

Mine will shoot any ammo just fine. I even save the duds at the range and shoot them with the BM pistol.

Now get out and shoot it and give us your reiew!

-James

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have shot a few of these from time to time and enjoyed it everytime. A great way to get trigger time that is inexpensive and it, or a ruger 22/45, is on my list to purchase.
    I looked at a couple of 22/45's today too. They're also nice! The Browning's ergonomics just felt better to me (personally). I can see where the 22/45's would be nice for someone that regularly carried a 1911 though. Really can't go wrong with the Ruger Mk's I don't think.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good purchase...

The Buck Mark is a great pistol. I have the pistol and rifle and they are tack drivers.

One thing to keep an eye on it that top strap. If the two screws get lose it will cause you problems.

Be careful when taking it apart, the recoil spring/guide rod is a combo unit and held together by a little c-clip. If that C-clip falls off then it can be a handfun to put back together. Also be careful not to bend that guide rod.

Mine will shoot any ammo just fine. I even save the duds at the range and shoot them with the BM pistol.

Now get out and shoot it and give us your reiew!

-James
    Good to know about the c-clip! I field stripped it this evening and didn't have any trouble, but it sounds like I could have!
    I'll probably get some range time later this week. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have owned two in my life and the latest one now has about 30k rounds through it give or take. I love the Buck Mark.
    That's the kind of stuff I like to hear. Seems like there's always a little buyer's remorse when I get a new gun, but fortunately I usually get over it pretty quick! :):

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I have a couple of them and use one for bullseye league. Look up the BM heggis flip, it drops the trigger down to about 2.5 lbs. and only takes around 10 mins. to do and is reversible if you choose to put back to stock. You will find it on youtube.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a couple of them and use one for bullseye league. Look up the BM heggis flip, it drops the trigger down to about 2.5 lbs. and only takes around 10 mins. to do and is reversible if you choose to put back to stock. You will find it on youtube.
    I don't really know for sure, but I'm guessing the trigger on this gun isn't much heavier than that. Could be an illusion because of the short travel I guess, but it feels plenty light to me (compared to my DAO full size pistols).

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I looked at a couple of 22/45's today too. They're also nice! The Browning's ergonomics just felt better to me (personally). I can see where the 22/45's would be nice for someone that regularly carried a 1911 though. Really can't go wrong with the Ruger Mk's I don't think.

Can't go wrong with that Browning either.. congrats and enjoy!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I love the Buckmark, it has been by far the most economical handgun purchase I've ever made. I can shoot all day for $20. And pretty arrucate too, targets 65 yards away no problem.

You can shoot thousands of rounds through them too without cleaning :D :D

Yup, if you shot it a ton they'll work out. I put a dab of blue locktite on them about 2500 rounds ago and they're yet to work out again :D

Look up the BM heggis flip, it drops the trigger down to about 2.5 lbs. and only takes around 10 mins. to do and is reversible if you choose to put back to stock. You will find it on youtube.

Hmmm.....might have to look into that :ar15:

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    :welcome: to the insane world of 22LR pistols :D

I recommend, urge you, beg you and plead to you BUY LOTS OF AMMO :laugh: One day at the range will go through 400-600 rounds, leaving you like an addict wanting more. Contrary to popular thought you will not save any cash with this new gun. You will just shoot more. I had to learn the hard way.

YOU Have Been Warned! Now, go out and have fun! :):

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I love my Buckmark but it is pretty picky on the ammo. I can shoot standard velocity cci all day long with not a single problem. When I switch to the cheaper stuff of any kind it starts to stove pipe before I get one magazine through it.
    Its a great shooter though and I love it for sure.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :welcome: to the insane world of 22LR pistols :D

I recommend, urge you, beg you and plead to you BUY LOTS OF AMMO :laugh: One day at the range will go through 400-600 rounds, leaving you like an addict wanting more. Contrary to popular thought you will not save any cash with this new gun. You will just shoot more. I had to learn the hard way.

YOU Have Been Warned! Now, go out and have fun! :):
    I've got a good start on the ammo... Now just need to make time to shoot it!

These trigger mods sound interesting too, but I'll try it "au naturale" first. I think I'm gonna like it. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I love my Buckmark but it is pretty picky on the ammo. I can shoot standard velocity cci all day long with not a single problem. When I switch to the cheaper stuff of any kind it starts to stove pipe before I get one magazine through it.
    Its a great shooter though and I love it for sure.
    I've had that happen with my Mossberg rifle (Plinkster)... seems to do much better with the good stuff. Thankfully the good stuff is still pretty cheap!

Top Bottom