Bringing in new shooters... ACORN style!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Well, not really.

But I can say that I've now reached the "recruited 4 new folks" level.

A woman who is an instructor where I work is going to get a gun and some training from a local sheriff's deputy for personal and family protection. I've been talking to her about her safety for the past three months and she and her husband are going to buy a firearm and get some assistance from a sheriff's deputy at their church. The sheriff's deputy reiterated what I'd been saying for months that they needed to take their safety into their own hands. +2

I will be taking two friends shooting in the next couple of weeks. For both of them it will be their first time shooting handguns. One of them is a female who is very liberal, but also is intrigued by guns. +2

That makes it +4 for me.

I remember how intimidating it was for me to begin my firearms hobby without much help or advice. I think it helps to have someone take you through the steps and make sure you have a positive, safe and meaningful experience.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Good job!

I'm working on #4 myself. This one will be tougher than the first 3 due to his left wing bias. Although he is pro 2A to a point already (an AWB fan and an OC detractor; but a CC proponent, so there's hope. Showing him the "No Guns for Negroes video opened his eyes).

Again keep it up . We should all commit to taking a new person to the range once per month. Last guy i took was new to handguns and left wanting Uzi!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom