• ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ok...here it goes:

Recent events have given me a perspective on life that I truly hope none of you ever get to experience. HOWEVER, I couldn't be more appreciative of the situation, because it's motivated me to truly try and look for the best in everything and, more importantly, every ONE. You have no idea what other people are going through, and you can never judge a book by its cover. This isn't some Kumbayah hippie love everyone BS, just a friendly reminder to treat fellow humans with as much dignity and respect as you can muster, even enemies or those you don't much care for.
    Your right mbills. Walk in another man's shoes for awhile. Being judged by what others perceive you to be sucks. I'm lucky to have found a few here who have actually gotten to know me. I'm a better person for it. If you ain't got nothing good to say about someone, then don't say nothing at all. People ignore me all the time. . . And I thank them!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Anything would be better than all this talk about your sack. I hope Doc comes back to us soon!

:lmfao:

Your right mbills. Walk in another man's shoes for awhile. Being judged by what others perceive you to be sucks. I'm lucky to have found a few here who have actually gotten to know me. I'm a better person for it. If you ain't got nothing good to say about someone, then don't say nothing at all. People ignore me all the time. . . And I thank them!

and vice versa, brother

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Maybe we could get Doc to come back if we offered up a sacrifice.

Who could we throw into the Volcano, you know, for the good of INGO?

Sorry about the delayed response. This thread went far while I was at church! Anyway, to get doc back, I'd volunteer to jump in the volcano. Although, if the volcano is a metaphor for a mod blowing up on you, it looks like a couple of people in this thread have already leaned pretty far over the edge. Hopefully they step back, I'd hate to lose anyone else tonight.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The religion thing is merely an experiment. If it goes well then it will be a go.
    If it does not then the rule stands as written.

I wondered if the religion thing contributed to Doc leaving as well. Personally it appeared to me like he was being personally attacked at times in a very uncivil manner. The threads seemed to be designed for that. I stayed as far away from them as I could.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I wondered if the religion thing contributed to Doc leaving as well. Personally it appeared to me like he was being personally attacked at times in a very uncivil manner. The threads seemed to be designed for that. I stayed as far away from them as I could.
    Me too, saw nothing good coming from trying to have those discussions in this format.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ok...here it goes:

Recent events have given me a perspective on life that I truly hope none of you ever get to experience. HOWEVER, I couldn't be more appreciative of the situation, because it's motivated me to truly try and look for the best in everything and, more importantly, every ONE. You have no idea what other people are going through, and you can never judge a book by its cover. This isn't some Kumbayah hippie love everyone BS, just a friendly reminder to treat fellow humans with as much dignity and respect as you can muster, even enemies or those you don't much care for.

:patriot: this right here. I am out of rep or you would get some more!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Years ago before Obamacare became law it was discussed in the media and around millions of coffee tables nationwide. There was a forum at IPFW to discuss national health care. I was invited to be on the panel and took the position against national health care.

About a month before the panel I caught something mild to moderate and went to see the doctor. I told him I was going to be on the panel and what viewpoint I had, and then asked him if he could contribute any thoughts toward the debate. Without hesitation he said, "stay the hell out of the way between me and my patients! That goes for insurance companies and the government!" He was extremely frustrated back then about the bureaucracy that he had to go through just to do his job.

I can only imagine for folks like Hoosierdoc it has only gotten worse, much worse.

I have insurance. I'll be facing another surgery in about three (3) weeks for my finger. I will need therapy for my finger afterwards. However, I have already used about six (6) or eight (8) therapy sessions this calender year and am allowed 20 per year, irregardless of need. I looked into paying for therapy myself. IF I were to do that the price for me would be $644 per hour! I simply cannot afford that. My doctor knows I might need 10 therapies or 50, depending upon my rate of recovery. Yet, he also knows that most folks cannot afford the treatment. If I need therapy twice a week that would come to $5,152 a month. How many people can afford that out of pocket? And what if it was just for four (4) monthes? And this is with me having insurance! By the way, I owe about $650 for the therapies I have already had this year. Apparently they aren't covered 100% until my $6,350 deductible is met...

I cannot imagine how hard it is for someone in his shoes who sees people with chronic conditions every day. How frustrating it must be to have some damned righteous government regulations standing between you and every single person you want to help. Then, when a top member of that administration that touted the greatness of European care comes running home to an "inferior" system must surely rub salt in the wound.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not attacking European care, but when the Obama administration kept pointing to them as "a better way" then a top official chooses to run to America away from "better care" the hypocrisy is overwhelming and maddening.

I hope Hoosierdoc reconsiders his decision. His character, knowledge, integrity, experience, honesty and dedication to sharing and enlightening will be missed, at least by this member.

Sincerely,

Doug

Doug,
    I apologize, but to whom was this directed? Without your normal salutation, I can't be sure.

Regards,
    Smartass

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Threads have no design. Makes no difference what the subject is. I can start a thread about how cute kittens are. In about an hour you'll have a few of the same turds come in and want to start crap. It's the design of the poster that is the problem. Haters are gonna hate!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If only we could get on the same page and have 37k members hit the ignore button on the trolls they would wither and fade away without the attention they get.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Yeah except that one dickhead you met on a boat......

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom