• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwrobb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm sure this is an old topic but I'm new to the forum so here goes.

I need reading glasses and since I don't wear them when I'm just out and about, or on the range, I sometimes have trouble getting a good sight picture on my handguns. I'm not talking about being blind but rather the difference between a 1" grouping and a 12' grouping. Night sights don't help and the only sights that I can see easily are the factory sights that come with a Glock. Since I have 4 handguns that aren't Glocks I need something to 'brighten' my sights.

I saw an ad for Bright Sights High Visibilty Gun Sight paint and I was wondering if anyone had tried it? If so, is it any good or just another waste of money?

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got some and am not overly impressed. It comes off very easy while cleaning your gun. You are probably just as well off with model car paint or some bright fingernail polish.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I've recently figured out that I cant see so good.. Sight picture has become an issue for me, I just cant seem to focus on the front sight, I see the target and the rear sight but no matter what I do the front sight is blurry.. I shoot a little better with a fiber optic front sight but not enough. Paint has failed me so far, sounds great in theory but...

After lengthy discussions with two elder, long time competition shooters, both highly recommend IU School of Optometry. They are apparently shooter friendly as both of these gentlemen have brought both rifles and pistols (pre-arranged of course) in along with a target for the fitting of prescription shooting glasses. The corrective lens placement is different for shooting glasses than it is for reading or other corrective eye ware. Both also said that they have different glasses for rifle and pistol because the corrective placement for the rifle is closer to the center of nose vs straight on for pistol.

I know this wasn't exactly what the OP was looking for but I've already been down the paint path..
    If I'm as serious about shooting as I want to be I'll be getting corrective lenses in the near future.;)

Last edited:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Up here in Indy at the hospital.. I'll get more info and write it down this time..:D

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    I have a bright sight paint kit. I painted my rears green and red front on my M&P. This is when I got the kit for christmas last year. I have shot it a couple times at the range and cleaned it several times. The paint is still in its orginal condition.

Top Bottom