• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Driven under it many times. Never come close to hitting though.
    The big problem with the bridge is that Third Street narrows down and turns by the big graveyard before going through downtown. If you go straight, it turns into Adams and runs you into the bridge. What I think happens is people in moving trucks get on Third from the highway and think it'll run east/west directly across town, then hit that split and can't figure out where to go. Then there's nowhere to turn your truck around when you see the bridge.

Also JB Salvage is right up the street from the bridge, so probability of any given driver in the area having meth in his system is...high.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The big problem with the bridge is that Third Street narrows down and turns by the big graveyard before going through downtown. If you go straight, it turns into Adams and runs you into the bridge. What I think happens is people in moving trucks get on Third from the highway and think it'll run east/west directly across town, then hit that split and can't figure out where to go. Then there's nowhere to turn your truck around when you see the bridge.

Also JB Salvage is right up the street from the bridge, so probability of any given driver in the area having meth in his system is...high.
    Sounds like a bridge I saw in New Philly, OH. VERY low one lane RR bridge. One approach has 3 90 degree turns. And you cant actually SEE the bridge until you are through the third turn. And there is a right hand 90 just as you get ready to go under it. SO if you missed the warning sign at the last intersection, you're screwed.

Last time I was in town I passed a very frustrated semi driver who was trying to figure out how in the hell he is going to back his tractor trailer up about a quarter mile through 3 90s.

He probably had to call the cops to have them block traffic because its a pretty busy road. He had about a dozen cars behind him, and more on the way.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Is it the only one that's low?

Quite a few other railroad bridges. Tenth street curve comes to mind.

:dunno:
    The ability of IU and Bloomington bus drivers to hammer through that 10th St S-curve under the railroad tracks is impressive as hell. I rode through it what has to be many hundreds of times and never once saw a bus lose paint. They must have a wooden mockup built in a parking lot somewhere to train on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you know the area, you also know theirs a SWEET RAMP if you take the first left after “truck eater bridge” just peg it right at the railroad crossing
    Reminds me of a stunt I pulled in HS April of my senior year. I was taking two friends home in my Toyota Celica. I saw an elevated crossing about 50' ahead and punched it and said "hold on!" I didnt realize the guy in the back seat didnt have his belt on. I see him pull it across his shoulder just as the front wheels hit the nearest rail.

We went airborne a bit and next thing I see as we are coming down is the guy in the back seat goes head then shoulder into the headliner. He didnt quite get the belt latched. Then as we bottomed out he hit the back seat like a sack of taters. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Surprisingly, that tough car kept going.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Reminds me of a stunt I pulled in HS April of my senior year. I was taking two friends home in my Toyota Celica. I saw an elevated crossing about 50' ahead and punched it and said "hold on!" I didnt realize the guy in the back seat didnt have his belt on. I see him pull it across his shoulder just as the front wheels hit the nearest rail.

We went airborne a bit and next thing I see as we are coming down is the guy in the back seat goes head then shoulder into the headliner. He didnt quite get the belt latched. Then as we bottomed out he hit the back seat like a sack of taters. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Surprisingly, that tough car kept going.
    Toyotas! They go places!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    You guys don't know low. There are a series of bridges under the railroad tracks near Patoka lake that were made for horse and buggies in the early 1900's. Still there, solid concrete 'tunnels' with all the scrapes and auto body parts you would expect from drunk/high rednecks and their pick ups. It looks like a parking lot next to a dialysis center...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The ability of IU and Bloomington bus drivers to hammer through that 10th St S-curve under the railroad tracks is impressive as hell. I rode through it what has to be many hundreds of times and never once saw a bus lose paint. They must have a wooden mockup built in a parking lot somewhere to train on.
    I think they're just repainting it. Universities have money...

Top Bottom