• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, it's too late, and I'm too far into my night-drinking to invent a great subject title of this. Bush and Romney have been right about basically everything while Obama and the media have been wrong about basically everything.

Iraq had WMDs, Bush had congressional approval.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?smid=tw-share

But, if you read beyond this - It's just another tool to prop up the "hillary 16" train. With this NYT story, they’ve officially joined Team Hillary and the rest of the media will fall in line. 2016 is a go. Prepare accordingly.

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Weapons of mass destruction was the term I remember being used. I would say this counts. Why did it take over 10 years to hear about this? Why did Bush not release the information? It was never a secret that we were taking Iraq's side in their war against Iran.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Weapons of mass destruction was the term I remember being used. I would say this counts. Why did it take over 10 years to hear about this? Why did Bush not release the information? It was never a secret that we were taking Iraq's side in their war against Iran.

Im sure Bush, et al DID release this info... liberal media dismissed it as propaganda, etc. and swept it under the rug. :rolleyes:

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    So what might one learn?

The state manipulates truth?

The state confiscates property on order to "keep citizens safe"?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Saddam had WMDs because the USA gave him the technology and directly armed him. Iraq was armed with anthrax, VX nerve gas, and a host of weaponized germs during the Reagan and Bush Sr. administrations.

The idea that the U.S. suddenly cared about chemical weapons in 2003 was feigned outrage. It was an excuse to buy support of the gullible taxpayers. It worked. Trillions of dollars were pissed into the sand, and for what?

Perspective: How Iraq built its weapons programs (published March 16, 2003)

12/20/1983: Donald Rumsfeld shakes hands with Saddam Hussein while discussing U.S. support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War. At the time, U.S. intelligence had confirmed that Iraq was using chemical weapons "almost daily."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bush and Romney have been right about basically everything...

Oh my. How do you feel about corporate bailouts, domestic spying, the Department of Homeland Security, the TSA, domestic checkpoints, the USA PATRIOT Act, raising the minimum wage, raising the debt ceiling, No Child Left Behind, multiplying the size of the federal government, TARP, quantitative easing, gun control, never experiencing a balanced budget...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh my. How do you feel about corporate bailouts, domestic spying, the Department of Homeland Security, the TSA, domestic checkpoints, the USA PATRIOT Act, raising the minimum wage, raising the debt ceiling, No Child Left Behind, multiplying the size of the federal government, TARP, quantitative easing, gun control, never experiencing a balanced budget...

Would have to check my other threads for those opinions, since this one is about Iraqi WMDs.

Edit: Oh well, I'll run through them in order.

Don't care. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. And sucks.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    This is not "breaking news". It's "time to sell it" news. Sadam Hussein used WMDs on the Kurds and everybody knew it. The government didn't manipulate the news, either. The MSM was the guilty party. Bush-bashing was still very popular at the time and truth didn't promote the agenda.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was saying this all during the Iraq war, but people's capacity to walk right past these details and continue repeating what the talking heads told them knew no bounds.

I was saying the same thing. It's funny/tragic how many people didn't care that the Iraqis were slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people based on ethnicity but suddenly cared about us caring. As far as I'm concerned every single person who said we shouldn't interfere supports genocide.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OUT: NYT attacks Bush for not finding chemical weapons in Iraq

IN: NYT attacks Bush for not publicizing 5000 chemical weapons found in Iraq

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    The big question is: Will those who so loudly proclaimed, "BUSH LIED, PEOPLE DIED!" now apologize and admit that they were misled? I think we all know the answer to that.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I was saying the same thing. It's funny/tragic how many people didn't care that the Iraqis were slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people based on ethnicity but suddenly cared about us caring. As far as I'm concerned every single person who said we shouldn't interfere supports genocide.

So how many would have died if we did nothing? How many died because we cared, if you think dick Cheney, bush and the gubment cared your smoking crack.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom