• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • resdep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    I heard today and have not yet been able to confirm, that over the weekend in Quincey, MI a misguided youth attempted to break into a 70 year old man's house. As the story goes the resident was on the phone to police telling them someone was breaking into his house. While he was on the phone glass was breaking and the elderly gentleman yelled that he was on the phone with the police and he had a gun. Well, the perp broke the window and came in anyway. Boom, one to the head and the old fellow told police he shot the bad guy to come and get him. Bad guy is dead. I'll be watching the news for confirmation of this but my source was a close friend of one of the first responders.
    More as I get it.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds pretty cut and dried to me. They've got audio of the guy informing police, and telling the guy to back the eff off, and then a gun shot...not much of a way they can twist that, and Michigan isn't a bad state for gun owners, overall.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Sounds pretty cut and dried to me. They've got audio of the guy informing police, and telling the guy to back the eff off, and then a gun shot...not much of a way they can twist that, and Michigan isn't a bad state for gun owners, overall.

With the exception that he will get sued, and it will be a long, drawn out, torturous ordeal. Michigan does not have civil protection like Indiana does in the event of a justified self defense shooting. Even cops can get sued in a cut and dry self defense shooting. I lived there for a couple years, and even in the required CPL class, you are told that if you shoot someone, YOU WILL BE SUED, even if it is clearly self defense.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Quincy MI on US 12 close to Coldwater MI, one blink while you drive through and you missed it, kid should have known they don't "play" in rural Michigan (or most of the state for that matter). Bet autopsy shows kid was on Drugs.

I should know, my folks are from reading MI one town over, and we all look like four generations of incestious inbred hillbillys on crack at the July family reunion each year....fit right in with the rest of the population in that area!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I grew up near Dowagiac and we didn't play around. Heck, I've shot at 4x4's running through our cornfields. the guy complained to the cops and the cops told him he should be glad I wasn't a better shot.
    And, to up my mall ninja cred: I was using a m1941 Johnson from a sitting position @ about 400 yards while wearing full tactical regalia.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Sounds like the "misguided youth" . . .

. . . received the kind of guidance both Darwin and a pistol-wielding old man are apt to provide!

Sued or not, the old man is alive and that goblin won't be breaking into anyone else's house!

Good show, old chap!

Top Bottom