• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeBuyBrass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Hi guys,

we are a start up small business reloading company and also started to offer brass for cash.

We offer a great value on the brass.
    We also offer a lifetime 5% discount on our ammo, which will launch september/october for the people who send in their brass.

DISCLAIMER:

I am NOT a spammer!!! yes I'm new to the forum, but all I really want is to get success in my business and if anyone sees this as spam, please let me know and I will take it off.
    Just wanted some help from fellow shooters

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Send the brass to Miami but the domain is registered contact is in Arizona. How exactly does that help "this" community here in Indiana? :n00b:
    Brass may go for $1.70 a pound for scrap but its worth alot more than what you are paying as once fired to reloaders! Mods, this person is obviously trying to get free advertisement.

DELETE THIS WHOLE THREAD, Please! :xmad:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm glad there are a few HONEST businessmen out there (Andrew) who will work with customers who want to learn how to reload. The OP in this thread smacks of an opportunist looking to make money off guys who can't find new ammo, have lots of brass, but don't want to get into reloading. It's a terrible truth that in every difficult situation there are guys who try to profit from the misfortune of others. :mad:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    to be clear, I would gladly pay a FAIR price for the brass or even help you learn to reload it yourself...
    I am always willing to teach new reloaders in person and on my equipment how to safely load their own ammo.

Free of charge as well. 30+ years of experience and I really do love to help people out with this stuff.

WeBuyBrass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    I made a promise to the site owner to not advertise until I pay.

and yes, godaddy is registering the domains where they are not where I am!

If you reload, the brass might be worth more, but not everyone is reloading, and those who don't have the opportunity to sell their brass!

look online, hundreds of people want to sell their brass, we are only supplying a service.

we are not making money off of people, otherwise your boss would be making money off of you and everyone you ever worked for, because they don't pay you for you make them.

that being said, reloaders won't sell their brass, understandable, but those who don't reload will sell it.

any question, please pm

WeBuyBrass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    to be clear, I would gladly pay a FAIR price for the brass or even help you learn to reload it yourself...
    I am always willing to teach new reloaders in person and on my equipment how to safely load their own ammo.

Free of charge as well. 30+ years of experience and I really do love to help people out with this stuff.

$2.50 is a fair price, it's 45% higher than every scrap yard will give you.
    keep in mind, your brass is not useful until it is acid washed, deprimed, sized, tumbled, washed, dried, inspected and polished, (annealed) .

that takes time and money to do it.

To give you an easy example:

If I end up paying approximately $0.02 per 9mm shell + $0.02 for sorting, inspecting and power + $0.06 for acid, medium and time consumed to get it back to the point where I can use the shells that is $0.10
    I can buy brand new brass casings with custom headstamp for $0.117

The 1.17 cents that we save, will save you, the shooter, $2.00 on a box of ammo because they are factory reloaded.

I understand people are skeptic, but we make ammo for the shooters!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    $2.50 is a fair price, it's 45% higher than every scrap yard will give you.
    keep in mind, your brass is not useful until it is acid washed, deprimed, sized, tumbled, washed, dried, inspected and polished, (annealed) .

that takes time and money to do it.

To give you an easy example:

If I end up paying approximately $0.02 per 9mm shell + $0.02 for sorting, inspecting and power + $0.06 for acid, medium and time consumed to get it back to the point where I can use the shells that is $0.10
    I can buy brand new brass casings with custom headstamp for $0.117

The 1.17 cents that we save, will save you, the shooter, $2.00 on a box of ammo because they are factory reloaded.

I understand people are skeptic, but we make ammo for the shooters!

Believe me, I know all about sorting, cleaning and such, it takes a lot of time and work. I don't need acid to make mine shine, just water and dish soap and time in a tumbler and I can do several thousand in two tumblers at a time and I am sure if I WERE YOU,I would be able to process much larger amounts.

I would also like to note it takes money for the license and liability insurance or I would load and sell ammo myself. At the time it seemed you might be a Spammer despite your assertions to the opposite. Now I know better and welcome more ammo to the mix.

May your venture succeed and when this does start going I am always needing more ammo that I load. I tend to add brass by buying ammo rather than brass and I always need more brass.

have some rep. :)

WeBuyBrass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Believe me, I know all about sorting, cleaning and such, it takes a lot of time and work. I don't need acid to make mine shine, just water and dish soap and time in a tumbler and I can do several thousand in two tumblers at a time and I am sure if I WERE YOU,I would be able to process much larger amounts.

I would also like to note it takes money for the license and liability insurance or I would load and sell ammo myself. At the time it seemed you might be a Spammer despite your assertions to the opposite. Now I know better and welcome more ammo to the mix.

May your venture succeed and when this does start going I am always needing more ammo that I load. I tend to add brass by buying ammo rather than brass and I always need more brass.

have some rep. :)

Thanks Warthog,

I can assure you, I am not a spammer and I will soon become a paid member here.
    That is why I was reluctant to not write anything this morning, as I do not want to break the trust with the site's owner.

I will keep you guys posted, and you guys know how to find me too :)

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    yup, however I also reload and usually won't sell my brass I could still use some good ammo. Especially .40 I use a ton of it at the range since I own 3 handguns in this caliber and like to shoot them regularly.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    There isn't a scrap yard around here that will take scrap brass. They refused to take it. Guess they were afraid of a live rd being mixed in with it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    funny, the one near me takes it. They go through it pretty good first then after weighing it they drop the stuff in a bucket of penetrating oil to "Make Sure" (I told them that is nice but not gonna be sure if the case is sealed up like military ammo) then they pay me and I am on my way. These mind are the ones I have flattened as no longer loadable due to slits, cracks or primer pockets that have been reformed so many times they simply can't hold a primer ever again. I load them until they can't be loaded no mo'.

For Starline brass, that's a long time indeed. Use your swager folks when a primer pocket gets loose, it works wonders.

Top Bottom