• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Anyone used a brass catcher on an XDM? Wondering what works and what doesn't. Would like to keep brass shot at ranges without hassle to have for reloading. I don't want anything that's going to hinder shooting or be a PITA to use, so suggestions welcomed. I've got an XDM 5.25" 9mm if that makes any difference.

TIA, xandeprhillips

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Anyone used a brass catcher on an XDM? Wondering what works and what doesn't. Would like to keep brass shot at ranges without hassle to have for reloading. I don't want anything that's going to hinder shooting or be a PITA to use, so suggestions welcomed. I've got an XDM 5.25" 9mm if that makes any difference.

TIA, xandeprhillips
    :n00b: I am sorry but, I cannot resist.
    I am sure that there are options for your brass catcher but 2 minutes of walking around doesnt seem like much to me

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    2 main reasons I'm asking are: 1) I've read that some indoor ranges do not allow you to pick up brass once it's hit the floor (or rolled forward into the lane). 2) I have a degenerative disc in my lower back that doesn't tolerate much abuse (i.e. stooping down to pick up brass). I'm thinking something free-standing would work best, not strapped to my hand or my handgun.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    2 main reasons I'm asking are: 1) I've read that some indoor ranges do not allow you to pick up brass once it's hit the floor (or rolled forward into the lane). 2) I have a degenerative disc in my lower back that doesn't tolerate much abuse (i.e. stooping down to pick up brass). I'm thinking something free-standing would work best, not strapped to my hand or my handgun.

I get what you are saying. I wouldnt frequent someplace that wouldnt let me get my own brass ( or a majority of it). There are things like the rolling items that look like a Bingo roller that pick up bras. There are brooms also. I am not trying to be a smarta$$. I get what you are saying. Giving you options

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Thanks for the info... I definitely like the 'in an ammo can' model. I could probably throw something like that together for less than 20 bucks or so.

Top Bottom