• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nita

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hello all :)

I have a lot to learn about guns, permits, and such but what I *DO* know is I will do everything I can to protect our 2nd Amendment right! I will be at the peaceful rally on February 8th (was at last weekend's impromptu event to counter the Million Moms) but I do have a question (oh please be gentle! I said I have much to learn):

Is a carry permit necessary for a Mosin Nagant? My son wants to come and bring the Mosin, but ofc we want to be within the law at all times. Does he have to have a carry permit for a long gun? We know the Statehouse grounds are a GUN-FREE zone and we will respect that and stay on the sidewalks.

Please tell me everything I/we need to know to show our support of the 2nd Amendment AND be legal :)

Thank you - see you Feb 8th!!
    ~Nita

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hello all :)

I have a lot to learn about guns, permits, and such but what I *DO* know is I will do everything I can to protect our 2nd Amendment right! I will be at the peaceful rally on February 8th (was at last weekend's impromptu event to counter the Million Moms) but I do have a question (oh please be gentle! I said I have much to learn):

Is a carry permit necessary for a Mosin Nagant? My son wants to come and bring the Mosin, but ofc we want to be within the law at all times. Does he have to have a carry permit for a long gun? We know the Statehouse grounds are a GUN-FREE zone and we will respect that and stay on the sidewalks.

Please tell me everything I/we need to know to show our support of the 2nd Amendment AND be legal :)

Thank you - see you Feb 8th!!
    ~Nita

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for info and great people. You might want to think about becoming a site supporter! :ingo:

If your talking about just owning, Nope. If it is a rifle, Nope. If is is a pistol you only need one to carry in public. You can own a pistol without a permit. Indiana does not require a licence or special ID to purchase ammo or a gun. I hope that is a good start to some of your questions.

Last edited:

nita

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for info and great people. You might want to think about becoming a site supporter! :ingo:

If your talking about just owning, Nope. If it is a rifle, Nope. If is is a pistol you only need one to carry in public. You can own a pistol without a permit. Indiana does not require a licence or special ID to purchase ammo or a gun. I hope that is a good start to some of your questions.

My specific question was can I carry a Mosin Nagant at the rally on the 8th? I do not have a permit.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My specific question was can I carry a Mosin Nagant at the rally on the 8th? I do not have a permit.

I'm going to do something I shouldn't and dispense advice w/o making absolutely sure I'm right first. Now the part I do know, you don't need a permit to have a long gun and open carry it in areas that aren't otherwise restricted. The part I'm not 100% on though is that that only applies to individuals over the age of 18, though I'm pretty sure it does. So if your son is over 18, no problem, if he's under 18 do some more research or wait for someone who can substantiate their answer with regard to a minor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom