Brand/Manufacture suggestion for Suppressor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    After reading the walk through on gaining an SOT, I'm ready.

I'm wanting to jump through the hoops for SOT on 9mm Suppressor. What brand and or manufacture do you guys/gals suggest for a 9mm pistol? Price is a factor, so please keep that in mind.

I'd prefer to use a site sponsor if one is into suppressors and or someone who is highly recommended by members here.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    After reading the walk through on gaining an SOT, I'm ready.

I'm wanting to jump through the hoops for SOT on 9mm Suppressor. What brand and or manufacture do you guys/gals suggest for a 9mm pistol? Price is a factor, so please keep that in mind.

I'd prefer to use a site sponsor if one is into suppressors and or someone who is highly recommended by members here.
    I think you may be confused on the definition of "SOT".

SOT is "Special Occupations Tax" and it is a tax that FFL's pay to be allowed to manufactuer and/or deal in Title II (NFA) firearms like suppressors and MG's.

Tax stamp is what I think you meant. A tax-stamp is just that, a stamp that you pay a tax on. After approval of your form 4 (or form 1 for building and tax-free form 5 for inheritence) they affix the stamp to the form and send it to you. A tax-stamp affixed onto an approved ATF form 1,4, or 5 permits you to possess NFA weapons.

Did you want to be a dealer/manufacturer or just buy one?

There are several site-sponsors that have paid their SOT and they deal in NFA firearms. Too many to list (I'm feeling kinda lazy right now).

I think the owner (or maybe just one of the employees) of Huntertown Arms (IN suppressor manufacturer) is a site-supporter but not an advertising site-sponsor.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    If you are looking to buy one as a consumer I would recommend the Huntertown Arms Guardian9 for $349.

If you are looking to buy them as a dealer I would recommend the Huntertown Arms Guardian9 for $349.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Look at LibertyCans "Mystic" - it is a good 9mm can, AND is disassemblable, so you can use cast bullets (dirtier), AND it can be used on any .357 or below firearm (various threaded adapters are part of the design), including subsonic-loaded .308 and regular .223 and of course .38 Special and all the rimfires, etc.

LINK ---> Liberty Suppressors Mystic 9mm Multipurpose Suppressor

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Look at LibertyCans "Mystic" - it is a good 9mm can, AND is disassemblable, so you can use cast bullets (dirtier), AND it can be used on any .357 or below firearm (various threaded adapters are part of the design), including subsonic-loaded .308 and regular .223 and of course .38 Special and all the rimfires, etc.

LINK ---> Liberty Suppressors Mystic 9mm Multipurpose Suppressor

The Liberty cans are really nice. I got to shoot a bunch of them at Hush (and the rep was very friendly, letting me try his cans on my own host that I brought with me plus blow through a ridiculous amount of rounds in the full auto Uzi they had).

Unfortunately, they are just too expensive for me. For the price of the mystic, I was able to buy 2 Huntertown cans (Guardian 9 and Kestrel 556).

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    will dealers file the paperwork for you for tax stamps. If i want one, do I just locate a dealer and assume they'll help me through the paperwork?

Most dealers will help you with the paperwork, they know after all, that you'll be back for more. The best thing you can do is research the crap out of potential cans, come to a conclusion and then find a dealer that will fit your needs best. If you're not in a hurry HUSH is a fantastic place to learn about different cans mfgs and actually use them.

You will be the one filing the paperwork, but the dealer can help you a lot. Research your dealer too, again HUSH can help here, people that go to HUSH are friendly and will be more than willing to guide you to a positive experience.

Welcome to INGO too!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom