• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Dear members of INGO,

You are cordially invited to attend the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence meeting that will be taking place on the campus of IUPUI on Saturday, August 15, from 6:30-8PM. I would recommend wearing empty holsters, as to not rouse the police into action. The best response we can hope for is for the the members of the public attending the meeting to realize we are simply here to advocate for reasonable positions regarding firearms and their lawful use. Should there be a large group of people wishing to attend, I will notify the appropriate university officials that we will be on campus with empty holsters, as we have done before, to ensure the police don't go crazy. Cheers! :patriot:

Jordan Stover
    President, IUPUI Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

How cool is that? Thank you and please bring the SCCC members out to join in.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    I've already got a call into the University to give them the heads up that there is likely to be a decent size group of people showing up to the meeting wearing empty holsters. We'll see what comes back tomorrow. Normally, they like to pretend like we can't do things like this, but I just tell them to get an injunction and then they say we can.

I have also called quite a few SCCC supporters. I don't know how many will show up at this point, given the short notice, but I know a few will at bare minimum -- they have already committed.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We really need someone willing to go inside and ask questions. Someone who's a good speaker and knows their facts.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    So whos goin?

Got permission from Oleg Volk to use one of his pics on a sign:

deadbeaten.jpg

And my "Don't Tread on Me" T-shirts arrived today.

So, "god willing and the creek don't rise"...

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    I'll be there with at least one other, possibly two. I'll be wearing a suit/tie and well as my friends, so just look for the young, pro-gun looking people.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The suggestion (which I endorse) was to be strictly "no guns" (at the very least no OC guns) at this protest and include BB guns in that.

What does anyone think about an airsoft gun? That's the only "toy" handgun I have--clear plastic body with the bright orange tip so there's no reasonable way to mistake it for a real gun.

I'm thinking "no" but wanted to get some other opinions.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Realistically even if you hold up your index finger and thumb and go bang it will probably send this bunch running for cover. Interesting though that if you do the toy gun with your finger trick it looks like that large "L" some people have on their foreheads. . .

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd say yes to the airsoft. I have one that's broken that I use to teach my kids with. It's all black with an orange tip. I still think that it would send these people running peeing their pants though... I'll just wear my empty holster.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I recommend leaving them in the holsters, whatever you guys choose.

Be on your best behavior and act responsibly. Thanks for taking time out to stand up for our rights.

Remember the goal is to educate the sheople, not start a fight with the Brady Bunch.

Top Bottom