• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    NEED GUN-RIGHTS PROTESTERS IN INDY - 8/15/09

There is a Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence meeting at the IUPUI designed to indoctrinate more students into fearing guns and trampling your gun rights. If you don't get out there and change their minds, some of them will be tomorrow's mayors, counselmen, senators, congressmen, etc. We need to step up and start teaching people that gun-owners are not the enemy!!!

STAND UP NOW INGO BEFORE YOUR RIGHTS ARE GONE

Saturday, August 15, 2009

IUPUI Campus - Lecture Hall Building
    325 University Boulevard
    Room 101
    Indianapolis, IN

5:30 - 7:00 PM CST
    6:30 - 8:00 PM EST

We need some to be inside the meeting and ask intelligent questions and point out intelligent pro-gun points.

Also we need people outside the building with their signs.

Everyone must follow campus rules about carrying, while on campus. I don't know what the rules are.

TELL YOUR SHOOTING BUDDIES!! GET INVOLVED OR DONT CRY WHEN YOUR RIGHTS ARE STRIPPED AWAY

:patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Protest Sign Ideas

SIGN IDEAS!

"When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns"
    "Heroin is banned - Criminals still manage to get it"
    "We are defenders of our families"
    "Why make it illegal to protect yourselves?"
    "Enforce our current laws"
    "What part of 'Shall not be infringed' Don't you understand?"
    "30 Years a Gun Owner - Never Murdered Anyone"
    "Punish criminals not good-citizens"
    "Ban Ice Cream - Prevent Obesity"
    "Gun owners are defenders not offenders"

:rockwoot: BRING FLAGS, SIGNS, AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!! :rockwoot:

Come educate some of the sheep that the Brady Bunch is brainwashing!! Get off your couches and stand up for your freedom!!!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    How about brining a pro-Second Amendment speaker to IUPUI? It's a public venue, access should be equal. The college Republicans student group could sponsor it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How about brining a pro-Second Amendment speaker to IUPUI? It's a public venue, access should be equal. The college Republicans student group could sponsor it.

Sounds like a fine idea, but I'm guessing you'd have to schedule your own event. The Brady Bunch has their room reserved and we can only participate from the audience or outside the building.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll pitch in to bring that guy (Bob Basso) that dresses up like an old founding father and whose videos are on You Tube. If you can get him here as a 'protester' to deliver some eloquent speech, I'll pay at least partially for his travel and expenses.

YouTube - We The People Stimulus Package

This Job Should Be Fun

picture7c.png

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, I was talking with some people and real guns should be outta the question. No bb guns either. Just toy guns. Otherwise we could get in serious trouble being it's a college and all.

Also, we need to find someone going to school there if they are part of Students for Concealed Carry and get them to "invite" us so we have express permission to be outside the Hall. That way they can't make us leave outside even if they run us from the inside meeting....

Just some thoughts.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Wouldn't this be a great place to hold an OC/CC event?:rockwoot:

That's what I was thinking LOL. I know the Indiana University main and satellite campuses were looking at allowing CC at one point but I don't know how far it got. A good form of protest which has been going around is the empty holster OC.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Why not fuel the fire

Wouldn't this be a great place to hold an OC/CC event?:rockwoot:

Sure, that would really give a good impression of Indiana gun owners to the general public; a handful of "radicals" walking around a state college campus with guns strapped to their legs and get asked to leave by the police. :rolleyes: Signs are good, guns out of the question. :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's why I suggested toy guns. They can't do a thing about toy guns. They can't even ask us to leave because this is a public meeting.

That's also why I suggested finding someone who's with SCCC at IUPUI to go with us and "Invite" us because then we have EVERY right to be there.

Of course, empty holsters would make a more powerful statement. Thanks for that suggestion.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Passed on to the Indiana Tea Party group:

The Brady Campaign's president, Paul Helmke, will be speaking Saturday, August 15th, from 6:30-8:30 PM EST on IUPUI, Room 101, 325 University Blvd, Indianapolis, IN.

This would be a good opportunity to get some people out to protest the ongoing violation of the United States Constitution endorsed by this organization.

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Just remember that the people involved might have vastly different values than we do, but they are not stupid. There are quite likely people involved in organizing the event who know about INGO, and will read this thread, expecting a response from the gun owning community (:wavey: Hi Brady people, feel free to register an account and talk with us, we don't bite). There will be people there expecting us, and there will be people looking out for gun owners to get in trouble and make an example of. Be exceedingly careful to not do anything to get into legal trouble.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    Also, we need to find someone going to school there if they are part of Students for Concealed Carry and get them to "invite" us so we have express permission to be outside the Hall. That way they can't make us leave outside even if they run us from the inside meeting....

Dear members of INGO,

You are cordially invited to attend the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence meeting that will be taking place on the campus of IUPUI on Saturday, August 15, from 6:30-8PM. I would recommend wearing empty holsters, as to not rouse the police into action. The best response we can hope for is for the the members of the public attending the meeting to realize we are simply here to advocate for reasonable positions regarding firearms and their lawful use. Should there be a large group of people wishing to attend, I will notify the appropriate university officials that we will be on campus with empty holsters, as we have done before, to ensure the police don't go crazy. Cheers! :patriot:

Jordan Stover
    President, IUPUI Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Passed on to the Indiana Tea Party group:

Thanks. What site did you post it one, because I passed it on the the IDL email list.

Just remember that the people involved might have vastly different values than we do, but they are not stupid. There are quite likely people involved in organizing the event who know about INGO, and will read this thread, expecting a response from the gun owning community (:wavey: Hi Brady people, feel free to register an account and talk with us, we don't bite). There will be people there expecting us, and there will be people looking out for gun owners to get in trouble and make an example of. Be exceedingly careful to not do anything to get into legal trouble.

Very true. Just remember, no one's here to cause trouble. It will be a peaceful demonstration. If anyone will cause trouble it'll be them, not us. Let them mock us, but you better have peaceful talking points to rebuke them with. :D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Dear members of INGO,

You are cordially invited to attend the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence meeting that will be taking place on the campus of IUPUI on Saturday, August 15, from 6:30-8PM. I would recommend wearing empty holsters, as to not rouse the police into action. The best response we can hope for is for the the members of the public attending the meeting to realize we are simply here to advocate for reasonable positions regarding firearms and their lawful use. Should there be a large group of people wishing to attend, I will notify the appropriate university officials that we will be on campus with empty holsters, as we have done before, to ensure the police don't go crazy. Cheers! :patriot:

Jordan Stover

Repped :): :+1:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Dear members of INGO,

Jordan Stover

Thank you sir! :patriot: you are a fine patriot and a great asset to this site! :ingo:

Top Bottom