• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I do all my gun buying at Bradis (just picked up a P22 and MP15-22 last week :rockwoot:). I think the service is just fine and the prices are great. I have been in there when the place is just packed and had a little trouble getting service (not to mention a little trouble moving around with all those people packed in)... but that could have been because the staff was out numbered 10 to 1.

I think some folks just need to take a deep breath and relax. You'll find the world is much more peaceful than you ever thought.

A BIG :+1: to Bradis.

p.s. I've always pronounced it like "Brad-is" ... but I heard somebody answer the phone like "Braid-is" ... which is it?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    p.s. I've always pronounced it like "Brad-is" ... but I heard somebody answer the phone like "Braid-is" ... which is it?

"Bray-diss"; the name is short for "Braegger Distributing".

That said, we hear some really funny pronunciations (brad's, brady's, bradis's, brad-eye) from customers or callers; heck, we even have an employee who has worked for us for years and was a customer for years prior to that, and doesn't pronounce it correctly!

What's really funny is when customers try to put the screws to us by informing us in a self-righteous tone how long they've known or been friends with "Mr. Bradis". Of course, there is no such person... :n00b:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    "Bray-diss"

The name is short for "Braegger Distributing".

What's really funny is when customers try to put the screws to us by informing us in a self-righteous tone how long they've known or been friends with "Mr. Bradis". :n00b:

I try that every time I go in, looking for a big discount... :n00b:NO WONDER it never works:n00b:!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Bradis is ok. They've never been able to beat Bob's prices at Plainfield Shooting Supply, though. Case in point: Kahr CW 9 and 40 pistols are at least $20-40 more at Bradis, as are the M&Ps. I suppose one could talk them down, but I prefer honest pricing up front. I routinely get $50-75 more in trade against a comparable used pistol at PSS vs. Bradis.

The cocky little girl who runs around behind the counter doesn't help the experience, either. She seems to be annoyed to be there.
    Well I would like to apologize for offending you in anyway that I have. And I just want to clarify that I'm not cocky in anyway. But there are many hectic days in the shop, so when u see me running around I'm probably doing many different things at one time. And I TRULY love my job. But I do apologize for any inconvience I might of caused you.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well I would like to apologize for offending you in anyway that I have. And I just want to clarify that I'm not cocky in anyway. But there are many hectic days in the shop, so when u see me running around I'm probably doing many different things at one time. And I TRULY love my job. But I do apologize for any inconvience I might of caused you.

The last time (was also the first time) I was there you seemed pretty easy going. The older guy talked to my wife for a good while and she really liked the chat and I bought $80 some off buck's worth of ammo.

Once we have some extra spare cash I plan to go back and find something to buy again :).

On the pricing deal, I kinda like being able to wheel and deal, sometimes you can't sometimes you can...

A $20-$40 mark up is nothing compared to some gun stores around here and we all know that.......

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy

Remember that saying of "you never know who reads here" ? I bet someone's feeling a little red faced right now. :):

Oh and Shooter.... thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered about that because I have actually been there and heard the guy on the phone pronouncing it the other way. I guess it's kind of like some folks just can't bust the habit of saying nucular or like me and my overly educated self insisting that "ain't" is ok. It's only when you use "ain't not" that you're in trouble. ;)

KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I travel the state for work and drop in every little gun shop that I come across. To date, I have not found anyone's prices better.

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Shooter521,
    I stopped in looking for a commander size 1911 but not much on that day. The gentleman that helped me was very helpful and even let me see a couple of full sized even though he knew I was looking for commander or smaller. Have you seen what's in now I might just have to stop in again!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shooter521,
    I stopped in looking for a commander size 1911 but not much on that day. The gentleman that helped me was very helpful and even let me see a couple of full sized even though he knew I was looking for commander or smaller. Have you seen what's in now I might just have to stop in again!
    As of right now we only have in the Colt Commander it's priced at 869.95 plus tax. Just an FYI update for ya.

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Forum participation can work both ways, too. Thanx to the actions of one who works at Bradis, I will never buy another gun from them. Ther are a lot of places to spend my money. I'll choose one of them where I haven't had to try and argue with someone who can't lose.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It would be, indeed. Unfortunately, those decisions are made above my pay grade and that of every other employee who is a member here. However, if enough customers were to come in and suggest it to Lisa or Bob, they might get a clue...

When I was in there I mentioned to the older guy (can't remember his name) that I heard about them from INGO.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I called yesterday to see what they wanted for an LCP and I was told $328 and change. I found it at a local shop for $297. I saved some cash and some gas. With that said, I still want to check out their shop because of all the positive things that I have read on here.

Top Bottom