• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    When a business opens it's doors to the public to sell a good or service, they get to make up their own rules on how they choose to conduct business. A customer cannot force a business transaction upon the business simply because the customer is of legal qualification to own a firearm. If a bar has a rule of no mustaches, they can refuse service to anyone breaking THEIR rule. That's what is so awesome about living in the United States...we still have freedoms to operate our businesses and lives without government intervention. Don't like the policies of a business, go elsewhere, but to fire ill words toward a business simply because they have particular rules is somewhat childish.

I don't know if you actually read what I wrote or not.
    I did not ask if they could do this or say that they could not, I mentioned that I find it snobby.;)
    I did not fire ill words at them by any means, I simply stated that if this is in fact their rule, I find it obnoctious "snobby".
    I mentioned that my opinion was not important to their buisness, but that as a consumer I would be detoured by this policy. Llike you said me like everyone else is free to spend wherever they choose.
    Finally, as you mentioned our freedoms. You are right we live in the United States, an awsome place where I am free to fire any words I like taward any buisness I want to.
    As far as what you think about that, well......:p

-I may have gone a bit overboard with what I was saying . I still find your reply more rediculous than their policy.

Last edited:

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    weird, I wonder if the same medical condition that prevents him from driving might have something to do with it.. or his Id was expired, or just a jerk

EDIT: oh, well if that is store policy...

If he didn't have a valid license how did he get to the store? This story probably has a page 2.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I would venture to say that if an active military person walked in with a valid military ID and valid Indiana ID card they would sell to them. You're missing the reason for the signs, there are state ID cards that are still valid that were issued without proof of citizenship, proof of legal immigration, or proof of residency. That is the sole reason for the signs. I would venture to say Bradis got burnt on a sale with a state issued ID to an illegal alien.

Or, this just hit me, an out of state resident who illegally obtained an Indiana ID for the sole purpose of purchasing firearms.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    To touch on this guys crying over medical conditions being the reason he can't drive. I am in the same boat there and Bradis has always allowed me to purchase guns. This is because they have a policy that people with documented medical conditions are waived from this and can buy with just a valid state ID.

I'm curious, how do they "document" it?

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    There are other ways of transportation than a personal vehicle. I bet he rode his DUI scooter though! lol I didnt mean to start anything bad by posting this. I just found it suprising giving the service I have received there. I bet this guy just didnt want to or couldnt comply with providing documentation of his medical condition. And I dont blame Bradis for a having a policy like that. They need to protect themselves. They protect others with this policy too.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I'm curious, how do they "document" it?

Most people with illness that hinder their life so much they aren't able to drive usually have ample documents lying around their house showing their diagnosis or treatment from various weekly medical services. Some have a formal note from a doctors office on hand regulary for instances where they may need additional help like at colleges, airports, bus routes, etc. etc.. Just show it to them at Bradis and your good from then on. Took about 20 extra seconds during checkout. Bradis is great and I cannot fault them for protecting themselves where they have been hurt in the past.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Medical issue

Bradis does not sell any firearms without a Valid Indiana Drivers license, If the guy has a documented medical issue then they accept an Indiana ID. It isn't discrimination just safe business practice.

It is amazing how many guys try to buy with an ID card and brag that they have never had a license. They don't usually get far.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I can see all sides. Bradis presumably has a reason for how they do business, that's their right. The offended customer also has a right to ***** about being denied a purchase with a presumably lawfully issued ID card, especially if he had to beg a ride or walk a ways to get there. And everyone else has a right to ***** about his *****ing.

tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Bradis

I bought a Hess Arms FAL from Bradis about 6 years ago. The weapon functioned as it should, and was as accurate as I needed it to be. Over the course of the next few years I educated myself about the various manufacturers of remanufactured military firearms, and eventually picked up a PTR 91. About 3 years ago I went back into Bradis looking for something new, and I took the FAL in with me to see about trading it in on something. The woman that was behind the counter told me that they would not take the FAL in trade and that it was not worth anything. I told her that I purchased the FAL from Bradis and she basically called me a liar. Luckily I had the original receipt from the sale. I presented it to her and she would not even look at it. I asked her if it was such a piece of junk why did they sell it to me? I personally will never buy from them again. I know a lot of guys that swear by them, but I choose to spend my money else where. If the sales woman had talked differently to me, and not been such a freaking witch my opinion may be different, but that is my experience with Bradis.:twocents:

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have dealt Bradis several time and had a very positive experience every time. They even offered to exchange a bad AR lower that I had bought from a INGO member who had purchased from them, no questions ask.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I do not have a problem with showing my driver's license at a gun store when buying a firearm, when I vote, when I go to the doctor or any other time proper ID is required either by law or by policy. I would rather have it this way than being too loose the other way. I do not know why many people do not have a driver's license other than for a health problem or them not being a US citizen or a citizen of Indiana. If the problem is related to health, then there should be a way to get a doctor's excuse or some form of evidence as to why a person does not have a valid driver's license. For all other reasons that I can think of that would prevent a person from having a valid Indiana driver's license, I can support Bradis' policy.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have been on INGO for over a year and a half and this is the first time that I have heard about gun stores offering discounts to INGO site supporters as previously mentioned by shooter521. Which ones do this? How much is the discount in general? Is there a secret handshake or sign necessary to get the discount or do you just mention it in passing? I just bought another firearm there and will be picking it up tonite after a 3 day wait (the first time in my life that this has happened). It is probably too late for this purchase, but where can I get a ball cap with INGO on it that I can wear when I go into a gun shop since I hate to have to ask for discounts?

Top Bottom