• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bra deflects bullet aimed at woman

DETROIT (Reuters) – A 57-year-old Detroit woman avoided serious injury when the underwire on her bra deflected a bullet shot at her from next door, police said.
    The woman, who lives on the West side of Detroit, saw a group of men breaking into a neighbor's house on Tuesday morning. When the men spotted her, one of them fired a shot at her, a police spokesman said.
    The bullet struck the underwire on the woman's bra and that saved her from a more serious injury, police said.
    "It did slow the bullet down," said Detroit police spokesman Phillip Cook. "She sustained injuries but they're not life threatening."
    The woman, who was not identified, was treated at a nearby hospital. The suspects in the shooting drove away.

I "support" the notion that she was quite lucky.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just for curiosity, I'd like to know the caliber of the bullet. I'd guess maybe a 25 or 32 as being likely, or maybe even a 380? It would also be nice to ultimately find out the brand of bullet and the construction. Was is a premium self defense round???

ianreed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Williamsport
    Just for curiosity, I'd like to know the caliber of the bullet. I'd guess maybe a 25 or 32 as being likely, or maybe even a 380? It would also be nice to ultimately find out the brand of bullet and the construction. Was is a premium self defense round???

just for curiosity i wanna know how big that underwire was haha... i too was wondering the same thing about the caliber when i read the article, i also wonder what the distance was and if that could have effected the impact.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

.380's are only good for shooting naked people. How often do you get a chacne to do that? Not often. :D

cfouts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Most anything will deflect a round. I've seen the bill of a baseball hat deflect a 12 ga. slug.....no joke

Top Bottom