• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Did the same, as a Kid..

I did the same thing when I was 6-7 years old...Put that sucker in a vise, hit the rim with a tack hammer...BOOM..

I was SURPRISED, but NO one injured...

Yea, that was 50 some years ago...Bill.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    When I was 12 or 13 I took a .45 acp cartridge that my dad had on his dresser for years. Curiosity finally got the better of the cat. I took the cartridge and laid it on a tree stump in the back yard, put the muzzle of my BB gun against the primer and pulled the trigger. I am not sure if it was the BB or the brass from the cartridge that came back and popped me in the forehead, but I suddenly realized I was bleeding like a stuck pig from the forehead. My first thought was, "how am I going to explain this to mom". So I did my best to avoid her until the bleeding stopped. Turned out to be a minor cut. I never tried that stunt again. Lucky it didn't hit me in the eye.

How many of us wish we had a dollar for every "close call that I lived to talk about" story? :rolleyes:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    When I was 12 or 13 I took a .45 acp cartridge that my dad had on his dresser for years. Curiosity finally got the better of the cat. I took the cartridge and laid it on a tree stump in the back yard, put the muzzle of my BB gun against the primer and pulled the trigger. I am not sure if it was the BB or the brass from the cartridge that came back and popped me in the forehead, but I suddenly realized I was bleeding like a stuck pig from the forehead. My first thought was, "how am I going to explain this to mom". So I did my best to avoid her until the bleeding stopped. Turned out to be a minor cut. I never tried that stunt again. Lucky it didn't hit me in the eye.

How many of us wish we had a dollar for every "close call that I lived to talk about" story? :rolleyes:

LOL, we used to take .22 rounds and lay them on a board and see who was good enough shot with a bb gun to set them off. Not easy to hit!

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Yeah I saw this on the news yesterday and was shocked and saddened. We work so hard to protect ourselves and our kids. Then someone who did not educate their children let this happen. We move 1 step forward and 10 steps back. Frustrating!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I did the same thing when I was 6-7 years old...Put that sucker in a vise, hit the rim with a tack hammer...BOOM..

I was SURPRISED, but NO one injured...

Yea, that was 50 some years ago...Bill.

I hear you. I used a "bit" of black powder once to try and duplicate the "Bugs Bunny" pile of blackpowder with a long trail of black powder leading to the pile. I lit it and needless to say there is no long PFFFFFFTTTTTT followed by a boom. There was just a very large flare up, no eyebrows for two weeks, a small mushroom cloud in the back yard, and an ass whuppin' when I got home.:xmad:

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    My brothers and i used to hit .22 blanks with a hammer, til one zinged out and entered my bro's arm.....was pretty scary, we were young and stupid.

But hey...when you live out in the middle of BFE....what else is there to do?

LOL

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Hammer locks should be mandatory with the sale of all hammers! Hammers hurt children! Oh the humanity!:runaway:

Smilies that appeal to children and perpetuate hammer violence should banned! :bash:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    when i was younger a friend of mine used a slingshot to launch a .22 lr at a pop can...which fired on impact...we got a good laugh out of it despite how friggin stupid it was

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.

You will shoot your eye out!!!!

Seriously though that is a bad deal. We did that also when young, never gave it a thought. Lucky I guess. Hope the girl is ok, and the kid learns from this.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    While i have never been stupid enough to try that... hey the bb gun and 22s on a board sound like a hell of an idea!

But nothing worse than shooting each other with bbs as a kid.. too poor to afford paintball gun.. so what was the next best thing.. no face shots or crotch shot all else fair game. :)

Wow that was dumb..

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    My question is how they hell did a 12 year old got a hold of a bullet?
    Thats a good question, should be kept in the gun safe.Most kids who have parents that own firearms get the talk about doing silly stuff like this but peer pressure will make us all do something we know were not supposed to.:)

Top Bottom