• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pin Match will be this Saturday, February 25th at 1 PM. Setup will begin at 12:15 PM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 12:45 PM to explain the rules. At 1:00 PM, we will begin shooting.

If we have normal winter temperatures on Saturday, we will be shooting plate racks with bowling pin shaped plates. If we have warm weather (40 F or above) and the ground isn’t too muddy, we’ll shoot real bowling pins. So if there is any doubt, come prepared to shoot both.

I won’t be there this month as I have a job on Saturday. I appreciate Don standing in for me and ask that if you can be there early to help set up, that would great. The plate racks are heavy and it goes a lot easier if there are at least 4 strong backs to help move those things around.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

If the weather or roads looks really unpleasant, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community by 11:00 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rule, please feel free to email me. Be advised the start times listed in the rules are out of date.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like to receive e-mail reminders about the monthly matches and notification of cancelations or changes, send me an e-mail and ask to be added to the announcement list.

Have good match on Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I have never been to one of these and am considering coming, how long does a match last?

I have also been thinking about joining MCF&G, would someone be there early or stay late to show me around?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I have never been to one of these and am considering coming, how long does a match last?

I have also been thinking about joining MCF&G, would someone be there early or stay late to show me around?

I will be helping Don run the match and we would be more than happy to show you around.

the "match" is scheduled from 1pm to 5pm with a mandatory shooters meeting before the match. Bowling pins is a head to head single loss elimination competition. So we shoot brackets (random match ups determined by signup order) and we shoot till there is a winner. we will shoot several brackets at each match. If you are on a time crunch I would say allow at least 2-3 hours to shoot and socialize.

(some one correct me if/where I am incorrect)

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    If I am correct it sounds like I could come and shoot and once I am elimnated I can either leave is I need to or stick around for another round to start?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    If I am correct it sounds like I could come and shoot and once I am elimnated I can either leave is I need to or stick around for another round to start?

You can either leave or wait for the next bracket to start. Or if it is the last bracket you can wait around to help them tear down. Although there isn't a lot of work to be done.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

Depending on time and the amount of attendees/interest, there is usually 2-3 brackets. I haven't been to one where they shot the plates, but it sounds like it would run about the same as a regular pin shoot. And maybe they will put the texas star out for people to shoot at while they are waiting or after they have been eliminated.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    If I make it, it won't take me long to be eliminated. But you have to start somewhere and practice to get better. Might even learn a thing or two from others.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    If I make it, it won't take me long to be eliminated. But you have to start somewhere and practice to get better. Might even learn a thing or two from others.

even if you "loose" we try to let everyone finish out the mag or pins left so the get the practice.

I will tell you the fastest shooters don't always win the shoots who don't miss usually win.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Give me a bit to go through them. I had a grand daughter's birthday party to go to after I left and then when I got home I had to go through all the pictures from the Polar Plunge this morning. I have to go shoot paintball players tomorrow but plan on going through the bowling pin pictures tomorrow night. It looks like there's a few good ones.

Top Bottom