• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    I picked this up at Premier Arms in Brownsburg a little bit ago...he had it cheaper than I've seen anywhere, whether online or other local shops.

Anywho, for those that don't recognize it, it's a Kel Tec PLR 16. I've read a lot of reviews, and everyone has great things to say about it. Everyone says it's great for target shooting and home defense. I'm looking for a foreend and maybe a muzzle brake kit right now. Might pick up a P3at this week sometime for a CC gun when my LTCH comes in.
    l_493ed748fa174b5b85a2ea3c085bfe9b.jpg

Any recommendations on a range near the southside of Indy? I looked in the sticky thread, but wondered what everyone around here preferred. Also, what other accessories would you recommend for a first time buyer of a handgun? It came with a cheapo cable lock, and i've already bought a soft carrying case for it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Congratulations!

You can shoot at Popguns (indoor) or Camp Atterbury (outdoor), both Southside.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Isn't calling that a hand gun like calling a whale a fish...... if you need company at the range let me know Im itching to shoot my new AK 47s and Glock 30SF

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Thanks for the replies! It is .223, so I take it they only let you use "normal" pistol rounds?

Repair- I thought it was funny when I saw it listed as a handgun on all the websites I saw it on as well. I'd love to, as long as you don't mind a total noob being there(me), and giving me some advice/pointers.

I picked up a few things for it this evening when I went to plainfield shooting supply with a friend. I ended up getting a $30rd mag, the compact forend, and a single pt sling for great prices.
    l_9db0b0c2521b4203892d1498ab8bcf5d.jpg

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Don't go to Don's.
    Quick question....is "Dons" like a bad word around? lol...I noticed their prices are a "little" on the high side, but I don't see them listed on the local gun shops sticky, nor does anyone mention that place on here. Shady business practices, or what?

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thanks for the replies! It is .223, so I take it they only let you use "normal" pistol rounds?

Repair- I thought it was funny when I saw it listed as a handgun on all the websites I saw it on as well. I'd love to, as long as you don't mind a total noob being there(me), and giving me some advice/pointers.

I picked up a few things for it this evening when I went to plainfield shooting supply with a friend. I ended up getting a $30rd mag, the compact forend, and a single pt sling for great prices.
    l_9db0b0c2521b4203892d1498ab8bcf5d.jpg

Sweet it will be the blind leading the vision impaired :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Quick question....is "Dons" like a bad word around? lol...I noticed their prices are a "little" on the high side, but I don't see them listed on the local gun shops sticky, nor does anyone mention that place on here. Shady business practices, or what?

Yes.
    Yeah, a "little" high. . .
    Yes.

Congrats on the new purchase.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    Grant, if you want to go shoot friday or saturday, I am possibly going to go myself.

I want to shoot the P3AT i plan on picking up. As well, i need to shake the dust off of my Glock.

undecided

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    looks good just don't put a forward grip on that rail or you will be making yourself an illegal sbr

Top Bottom