• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Ive always been an AR guy, love everything about them but as we all know, AK is world-known for its reliability, and it PAYS to diversify.
    I bought my first 9mm last month for the same reason, always been a .40 guy.

wandered into a LGS that id only heard about and by chance happened to drive by. grabbed a Romanian WASR for 619 that hadnt even been unpacked yet.

good buy? I see em going for a grand on GB but wont be selling - i dont sell ANYTHING i could potentially use.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great buy! You will love it and after you shoot the first round you'll start looking at your AR different.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At that price in today's market place, I hope you call the shop the next morning to ask about its day and then send it flowers at work.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    THAT will be a challenge dude. i <3 AR

I think i'll save your response... that has to be the most homosexual thing I have heard in quite some time! :D

I don't think after shooting your WASR you will think anything of an ak. But if you were shooting an arsenal sgl 21 or something, then you might just be amazed..

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I personally like the AK platform better than the AR.

Good buy on the WASR. My buddy has one that has been well used and it still just keeps on going. Its not a pretty rifle by some peoples eyes, but it should work for you when you need it.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I love my wasr but I'm still a little partial to my ar. That's a much better price than I was expecting to see. Good find.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    AKs are made in several countries. Is Romania a GOOD AK or should you look for ones made in other countries ??

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Cugir builds excellent products, they are strong well built to last, now where they got thier bad name is when the kits were truckin in and you had establishments such as TGI and century who was slappin these things together blind, the quality control went out the door, now you can find a well assembled complete romy g or the whore wasr and get a good build but your chances are good on getting a bad one or one thats built a little sloppy.
    Imo. :ar15:

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    AKs are made in several countries. Is Romania a GOOD AK or should you look for ones made in other countries ??

Nothing wrong with the Romanian rifles across the board. Some might need spruced up a little. Trigger might be ok, (if not, for $30 its fixable). Heard of some that needed the front sight realigned. I personally dont care for the WASR recycled packing crate furniture, but its functional and can be changed if necessary. Look for the SAR-1, better wood and dimples (no mag fit issues) vs. the WASR.

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    AK 47 was listed as the ultimate rifle on the military top 10. That show is great!! I cant wait to get a hold of my first AK. Looking now to find the right one. I want the saiga 7.62x39 most of all cause of my russian heritage

Top Bottom