• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Anyone have any experience with this site? I put in an order for a few odds and ends mainly due to the great pricing, but it has been a week and I've only gotten a "Let me check on what's going on with your order." email from someone there after inquiring.

I'm wondering if this is SOP or not. :dunno:

Thanks!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've ordered from them once, despite a checkered reputation. Got my order a few days later no problems at all.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have heard of issues with them in the past. But I've ordered from them a few different times. The only issue I've had with them was a deal they had with a TLR-1 light. It came with a butt load of extra batteries (I'm thinking like 15-20). The order got postponed because they ran out of batteries with the large number of orders that came in because of the deal. Once their new shipment of batteries came in, they shipped mine out to me.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Don't order unless you don't expect it to show up. That said, I've been happy--so long as I follow my own advice.

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    Bought some Glock magazines from them. 3 factory glock 22 mags, and 2 of the victory 31 round magazines. The package was lost by UPS somewhere in L.A. Botach wouldn't send a replacement package untill UPS refunded them. So, I finaly got my magazines a month after I purchased them. The victory magazines WOULDN"T EVEN FIT THE GUN!!! And to top it off, they have a 15 day return policy, and won't answer e-mails if you are unsatisfied. After giving them a phone call, they wanted me to send them back, on my dime, and they would give me a refund on the magazines only, or FOR A FEE, get replacements.......

ya, lesson learned. (the glock magazines seem fine, but they didn't come in factory packaging, just all thrown in a bubble wrap envelope)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Don't order from them unless you can wait and if needed put in the time and effort to straighten things out.

I've placed at least a dozen orders with them going back to 2000 and had 2 that got screwed up and it involved a few hours to take care of. It always worked out in the end, but it was a process. The other orders were flawless and were on my doorstep in less than a week.

Botachs primary customer base are corporations and .gov entities. This means two things: no one can come close to their sale/closeout prices and they don't really care about pissing off the little guy.

Know that going into it. I still order from them occasionally, just nothing that is time sensitive.

chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Thanks for the advice all. Sounds like the delay and unresponsiveness is the price you pay them for the discount on the items over competitors.

I'll give them a couple more days, than I'm cancelling the order. If it's a 10 day wait until ship, they only need to state it up front to manage expectations, imo.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Anyone have any experience with this site? I put in an order for a few odds and ends mainly due to the great pricing, but it has been a week and I've only gotten a "Let me check on what's going on with your order." email from someone there after inquiring.

I'm wondering if this is SOP or not. :dunno:

Thanks!

I've ordered from them twice, no problems at all.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    The word on the street is they have terrible customer service and sometimes you never get your items. Despite that, I've ordered from them on several occasions when the price was right or they were the only option for something I wanted and I have never had one issue with them. Everything I've ever ordered was exactly as I ordered it and arrived pretty fast.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    They suck.

Ordered a mag for my G19 got it in two weeks. Ordered mags for my 1911 and a holster, 5 weeks later I cancelled the order and deleted them from my favorites list.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I've ordered an Eotech and TLR-1 light from them and had my orders processed, shipped, and received at my door faster than any other website I've used. It's hard to believe some people have so many problems with this store....I guess I got lucky:)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I ordered an ARMS sight from them the day after Thanksgiving last year. After receiving a bunch of "we'll look into it" emails I threatened to dispute the charges with my credit card company if they didn't refund my
    money( who they charged the day of the order). The next day the sight shipped...that was in April of this year. I had already purchased a rear sight elsewhere since it took so long.

Last edited:

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Several years ago I ordered a speedfeed stock for my Maverick shotgun. After 2 weeks I called them to check on the order. I gave my order info to a guy with a heavy accent that I couldn't really identify, who covered the phone receiver up and began yelling in a foreign language that I couldn't identify to somebody else. I received the stock a few days later with an assembly bolt that was about an inch too long for the gun. Damaged the stock while first attempting to assemble it, decided that was enough experience with Botach Tactical for a lifetime.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've ordered 2 or three times from them. The last thing I ordered from them was an ACOG TA31H, I took over a month, but I got the thing for under $900 because they have(or had) that "stimulus" discount code going on. So I'm not sure if I can complain or not.

chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    I am ordering a hi-capacity .40 magazine for my Glock 23, a single point sling kit, and an itac holster/mag holster combo. The prices are the biggest reason, no doubt.

I *did* receive an email that the mag holster was backordered 2 weeks, then they would ship it out. Here's to hoping I suppose.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I've ordered from them on two separate occasions, one I bought Glock mags the other some pistol accessories. Both time I received my order within 7 business days. I had read some bad reviews about them, but they had good prices so I decided to risk it. Turned out OK for me but maybe I was just one of the lucky ones :dunno:.

Top Bottom