• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Regular Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Agreed--that is good news. When I read their proposals, especially about "stiffening penalties for carrying guns near schools", I can't believe the White House could really believe that could prevent shootings. I'm thinking that they know none of these proposals can ever be effective, but they throw them out there just to make it look to the voters that they're doing something.

I think a lot of the ignorant, uninformed people buy it.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think a lot of the ignorant, uninformed people buy it

Exactly. What they are playing on now is the uninformed public's emotion regarding the latest shootings. Oh, don't look at the data, just try to take away the scary, dangerous guns.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Its just feel good politics. There is no way any of these laws will prevent a massacre like Newtown, but people say, it doesnt affect and call for more government control and think they are somehow making a difference.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Agreed--that is good news. When I read their proposals, especially about "stiffening penalties for carrying guns near schools", I can't believe the White House could really believe that could prevent shootings. I'm thinking that they know none of these proposals can ever be effective, but they throw them out there just to make it look to the voters that they're doing something.

I think a lot of the ignorant, uninformed people buy it.

Double down on GFZ's, way to go liberal geniuses!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good article with a reasonable evaluation and conclusion regarding the ineffectiveness of gun laws as tools of preventing crime. The author, however, touched on one major point without really developing it as found in this quote:

Obama’s pushing for a large-scale “punish-all-gun-owners” approach.

Did Obama not publicly make a pledge to, as he put it, "punish our enemies"?

Did Obama not declare people who hold closely their First and Second Amendment rights "bitter clingers" which appears to hold a connotation with being considered enemies?

Did Obama not declare shortly before the 2010 elections that those not on board with him philosophically would have to ride 'at the back of the bus' invoking images of segregation and 'Jim Crow' laws?

Why is it not obvious to some of these people that man and all of his entourage represent the worst menace to society that our nation has ever seen?

Top Bottom