• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I know people my age and a little older probably have heard of Bob from way back.

But I just wanted to share this (unfortunately) grainy video of Bob showing off his speed on the quick draw. The two baloon shot that sounds like one round being fired slays me... I get that "daaaamn" grin on my face everytime I see it.

Hope everybody is hunkered down for the next few cold days and nights...

YouTube - Bob Munden

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I've always enjoyed watching him work. They used to feture Bob on American Shooter all the time.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im not sure i could survive without spirit of the wild they are always changing our packages to where we dont get outdoor so we canceled all chanels except that channel block

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Bob is a pretty great guy. I've talked to him at gun shows and even had him rework a Ruger Blackhawk for me. I wrote him a letter a couple years ago asking for advice on quick draw accuracy. He wrote me back a letter and to my total surprise he sent me a autographed picture thanking me for the letter. PLUS....he also sent a U.S. half dollar that he shot out of the air with a 45LC. I will post a picture of this stuff in a day or so. He truely is a living legend.

I believe he still does custom gunsmithing on single action pistols. Its cool to have a gun with his personal stamp on it.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was privliged to see him do a demo when I lived in Great Falls MT several years ago. He is more amazing in person. He is a very friendly as well.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    There used to be a trick shooter who performed at schools with six-guns and a bull whip. He wasn't as fast as Munden, but shooting dimes out of the air (thrown up by the principal, no trickery or swapped coins here) was his specialty, along with snapping a cigarette out of the mouth of the Principal with the whip. I remember him keeping a steel can in the air with all six rounds. Took me forever to find out he was using paraffin bullets. I kept looking for holes in the roof of the gym!
    He wasn't as fast as Bob Munden, but he used a regular Hollywood two gun gunfighter rig, with all the showman's bells and whistles too. He still seemed as fast as lightning back then.

That was a lo-o-o-o-ng time ago. Six-guns and lit cigarettes in the school gym for a winter's day. :draw:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Top Bottom