BMV approves new license plates for GUN lovers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The National Rifle Association is among 11 groups that will have new specialty license plates beginning in 2011, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles announced this morning.The plates cost $40, with $25 going to the sponsoring organization, in addition to the normal fees and taxes paid when registering a vehicle.
    adlabel_horz.gif

Also getting approval from the BMV were plates for Bicycle Indiana; Wild Turkey Habitat; Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent; Spay-Neuter Services of Indiana; Greenways Foundation; Sheriff's Association; Indiana Youth Institute; Stop Diabetes; Donate Life Indiana; and the Indiana Teamsters local unions.
    Andy Miller, commisioner of the BMV, said the selections were based on state law and BMV regulations which require groups getting plates to be not-for-profit organizations with statewide beneficial impact. Groups must collect petition signatures from at least 500 people committing to purchase the plate and must use the funds from plate sales for unique projects and not for ongoing operating expenses.
    In 2009, Hoosiers purchased 431,854 specialty plates, not including the "In God We Trust" and some military-related plates that provide no funds for organizations. The specialty plate sales raised over $10.5 million for the sponsoring organizations.

Indiana creates new license plates for gun, turkey and bike fans | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Agreed , and the only reason it's an option is because they want it easier to ID us when the confiscation begins . (Insert tin foil hat simile here)

My reasoning is a little more simple than that. Had an NRA sticker on my car, always getting broke into. No NRA sticker, never broken into. :dunno:
    Coincidence, maybe. I'll continue to not advertise my pro2A choices though.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My reasoning is a little more simple than that. Had an NRA sticker on my car, always getting broke into. No NRA sticker, never broken into. :dunno:

Cars with GUN stickers or plates do get broken into much more often than those without. I am a life member of the NRA, as well as several other organizations but I would never put a sticker or plate advertising that on my car. I'll stick with my Indiana Veterans plate.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Agreed , and the only reason it's an option is because they want it easier to ID us when the confiscation begins . (Insert tin foil hat simile here)

^^^^^^^What he said! Best to keep a low profile. Most people I know don't even know I carry or even own guns. OOPs, did I say I have guns? I meant to say I hate guns, yeah that's what I meant.

Pass me my tin foil hat!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Cars with GUN stickers or plates do get broken into much more often than those without. I am a life member of the NRA, as well as several other organizations but I would never put a sticker or plate advertising that on my car. I'll stick with my Indiana Veterans plate.

All of my bumper stickers that might be controversial are magnetic and when I am leaving the vehicle for any length of time they are put inside. It's amazing how many people who disagree with you politically are willing to vandalize your property when you are not around.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    If it wasn't an NRA plate I might be interested (Not dogging the NRA, but I have some issues with them). It's nice they have the option now, but at the same time, why do we need any vanity plates at all? To each thier own but I don't see how this should be something issued, if you want to help a cause, buy a plate frame with the logo on it and then just donate some money - don't let the gov middle man it.

I have the In God We Trust plate , I don't consider that to be a vanity plate, just historical/patriotic. Would love to see some plates that cite history. A G Washington or Jefferson plate for example. I would get one of those for sure.

As a note I have done the "Top Up" thing via MidwayUSA and given the NRA about $1.50.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    ^^^^^^^What he said! Best to keep a low profile. Most people I know don't even know I carry or even own guns. OOPs, did I say I have guns? I meant to say I hate guns, yeah that's what I meant.

Pass me my tin foil hat!

Guns? What guns? I don't have any guns! I don't do bumper stickers, wear easily identified clothing or carry bags covered with logos.

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Surprised no one has mentioned the need for or obvious snubbing by the BMV of the BACON plate.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Anybody miss the good ole days when there was no question IF there were gun(s) in the truck cause there was one hanging in the back window ????
    that would require an honest society that isn't full of thieves. That passed with the beginning of the two income home, and the banning of true consequences for your actions as children, growing thugs, thieves and murderers out of societies kids.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

:+1: to both reasons. I'll stick to my DARE tags.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Three reasons I won't get one;

1 Break in potential
    2 Po Po attraction
    3 I don't want to give the BMV one more dime.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    How about all those who like the idea but won't put one on their car (for agreed reasons as I won't get one) First Join the NRA if you aren't a member, and second if you are, send them $25 just because you would like to support them a different way.

Time to walk the walk folks. :D

Top Bottom