• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    What do you mean whats the best? The best what? The best kind of bluing? I'm not sure. The best price? Probably some off the shelf home, cold-bluing kit, but it may not be pretty. I think one of our members here is working on getting a bluing setup finished and start doing bluing work.

customizef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I do bluing and can tell you that reblueing older guns can be a trick sometimes. I just redid a Winchester 94 and it has some red spots because of material and process change from when it was originally blued , compared to how blueing is done now. EPA has changed the way blueing has been done. I am not talking two years ago, but many many years ago. So just keep that in mind.

Mostly it comes out very nice. But you do get that once in awhile ( Win 94 ) gun that just doesnt seem to come out good.

If your just looking for something to make it look nice, consider some of the coatings or platings available. If your looking for low cost bang for your buck, there are alot of black oxide machine shops that will probably black oxide the gun for $25-35 or so. You just have to be there when they do it and they are usually very fast at doing it.

:twocents:

Top Bottom