• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I really don't like the looks of people rocking bluetooth headsets but I must get one for driving. I have tried a corded headset that came with my blackberry but it's a PITA.

I don't need this thing to take notes for me, tell me about the weather, read my mind and all the other gizmos.

I need a bluetooth headset with great call clarity and I can mute it. That's it. Talk to me INGO

2011101212363280_NoneWatermark.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Price range? I used a $15 one I got at walmart (jabra) and it worked just fine for me in the car on the way home.

Bluetooth is a major battery drainer on a phone...so if you aren't using it (driving) turn it off on the phone. On the one I had it used the phone's in-call volume controls.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I have had 3 of them two that were in the $80 range, by Plantonics. They sounded tinnie (hollow). But when I spent the extra cash and bought my Bose, it has been the best one. I'm a road warrier and I can have it in my ear all day long ( except if I'm talking for more than 3 hours, it needs to be recharged ). Only issue I have with it, is when I'm outside with wind blowing across the mic, it cuts out whatever I am saying. Work great when I'm driving though.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I recommend the parrot hands free car system, you can attach it to your current stereo run a mic up your a pillar. When someone calls, the music shuts off and you hear them through your speakers which is nice as i used to miss calls all the time from my volume being up too high.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Have you thought about a bluetooth speakerphone? Take a look at the Motorola T225 available at your local Wally World for $39. Upto 49 hours of talk time or 6 months of stand by on a single charge. It just clips to your sun visor.

Do I get bonus rep's for guessing that you are operating a commercial vehicle? :D

If that's the case, Cobra makes a handy CB Radio that you can talk through for your phone via bluetooth.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Go to fry's and get one for less than $10 after a rebate. My current one is a Samsung that was $4.99 after rebate. I have gone through 3 or 4 of these (expensive and cheap ones) by dropping them. Seems like they aren't very "drop proof". I would say spend less and see if you even like it.

They sure are nice if you drive a manual transmission (M3).

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    This one's gonna run you close to the $100 limit, but I tried several and feel this one give the best call quality and options.

Plantronics Pro HD... You can get them at Fry's, Best Buy, and most of the Office Supply Chains

voyager-pro-hd_a.jpg

The mic boom flips up and out of the way, pretty comfortable to wear, the noise cancelling works well. Most people I talk to don't realize I'm on a headset. 6 hrs talktime, several days standby. Charges with a Micro-USB adapter (included).

--- NavyVet

:patriot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have about 5 plantronics borg implants I got cheap on ebay a few years ago, so I can have a couple in use, standby, on the charger, lost, whatever. I just use them at home, as my car does bluetooth through the stereo.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    0060797202720_300X300.jpg

Blue Parrot Bluetooth Headset Professional-Grade - Walmart.com

They are extrememly light and comfortable and if you are going to talk a lot they are well worth it. Up to 16 hours talk time. They are very good noise cancelling which is a must in a bluetooth other wise the people you talk to will think you have your head stuck out the window.

+1 I have had mine for 5 years and it still works great. That is the one that the majority of truck driver us. You can get it at any truck stop $69.00 to $120.00 so shop around and it does not kill you cellphone battery.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Blue Parrot makes good stuff, but would you seriously wear that out in public?

In public? If you mean while in my vehicle then yes, as far as the idiots who wear them like they are some kind of Spaceship Star Commander while walking around a store then NO! :D I believe he was talking about for driving? As far as driving goes it is a must.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I got this one. Around 60 bucks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgknE4XyuM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddX6N-wd5E[/ame]

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I use these:

s305_3_new.png

I get my calls a lot clearer than my old "normal" bluetooth both in speaking and listening. My dad used to complain that he couldn't hear me right with my old one. It also lets me listen to my music. I like that when I'm wearing them, I don't have that "bluetooth douche" look.

ETA: I never listen to the music in the car while I'm driving. I only use the hands free phone capability.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Buy a $7000 set of hearing aids, a $400 unit to wear around your neck and you can have Bluetooth in stereo.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you are looking for something for use JUST in your car I Highly recommend one of the Speaker phone devices such as in the link Below. It'll run you right around your $100 Mark but Both of my parents use it and it works very well.
    The huge advantage is that it will only turn on when you are in your car, and will turn off when you get out. You can leave it in your car at all time, and it comes with a Car charger, unlike the regular headsets that you have to charge in the house. If you text it can also read you text messages, and allow you to reply to them by simply saying your response. Plus the call quality is excellent with noise cancellation.
    The only real disadvantage is that everyone in the car can hear your phone call. BUT you never have to touch the device, It will answer any call by simply saying "answer" or "Ignore"
    So if its just for the car, I recommend a speakerphone, instead of an in ear one.

Motorola - Roadster Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone - 89423N

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This one's gonna run you close to the $100 limit, but I tried several and feel this one give the best call quality and options.

Plantronics Pro HD... You can get them at Fry's, Best Buy, and most of the Office Supply Chains

SNIP
    --- NavyVet
    :patriot:

I've had a Plantronic's Voyager for over 7 years and it's still kicking, although it is starting to crack on the hinge for the ear piece, that said I'll be getting the above Pro HD. I've seen it on sale at Fry's several times for $79.00. I think I'm going to grab one next time I'm in there.

Now this bad boy below, I think will become my new mowing headset if it can pipe in MP3's from my Droid X in Stereo. There's been a ton of times I've been out in the yard mowing and missed a important phone call. So I think this will be just dandy to wear.

Top Bottom