• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed_Scientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    West Lafayette
    Hello all, I'm considering going to the dark side and transferring to IU in Bloomington. I was wondering if there are any clubs or ranges around the university. For that matter does IU have a rifle and pistol team/club?

Thanks in Advance!

on an unrelated note, yay, I finally got my .gif avatar to work!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Sycamore Valley Gun Club used to be in Bloomington, but the land was (is) owned by the university and they shut it down and kicked them. The Sycamore Valley Club is now located near Freedom, IN. The closest ranges to Bloomingulch are probably the Martinsville Cons. Club and the County Seat (either sportsmans or conservation) Club near Freetown where the South Central Gun Club shoots USPSA matches. One of the many Bloomingtonites here will probably have better intel.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Sycamore Valley is a very nice club. They have excellent range facilities. The club is very active and they hold lots of different types of matches at the range. They have pistol berms, 100yd range, and I believe they may have a long distance range set up. Very nice group of people.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Martinsville Sportsmans club is the closest and a great range. Hoosier National Forest is a good place too. Tons of us Btown people here and we are even pretty active down here.

Let us know when you arrive!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Hello all, I'm considering going to the dark side and transferring to IU in Bloomington. I was wondering if there are any clubs or ranges around the university. For that matter does IU have a rifle and pistol team/club?

Thanks in Advance!

on an unrelated note, yay, I finally got my .gif avatar to work!

Well who says that dark side want you? :):

Like others have said, there's nothing in Bloomington range-wise, but within a 20-30 min car ride, you have a couple great options.

IU, AFAIK, has no team/club.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    There used to be a skeet/trap team at IU. It was active until 2000, when range lands were reassigned to the golf course. I shot on that team while in college, and had a great time.

There also used to be a pistol range in the basement of the student union, but that was closed in about 2002 IIRC.

Top Bottom