• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I saw somewhere that there is a gun show the same weekend as the 1500 here in bloomington. Anyone ever been to a gun show in bloomington. I know it wont be at all like the 1500 but I was wondering if it would be worth it to even stop by?

JT

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It's at the Monroe Co. Fairgrounds. Never been to that one, but you never know what you can find. A show that is good for one person might be the worst another has seen. I believe the admission is $4.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    From my experience, you can get through the whole thing in a couple of hours.
    Not that that's a bad thing... ;)
    As has already been said, you never know what you might find!

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I went two years ago, there were quite a bit of tables set up, but this wasn't a 1500 weekend. Curious to see how many tables they are able to sell.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think I read that this is being put on by the same folks who did the Martinsville show (not worth the admission price).

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i just looked on Google and i didn't see anything about a Bloomington show?.....is there a sigh on 45 by the fairgrounds?...

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    but you never know what you can find. A show that is good for one person might be the worst another has seen.

Quoted for TRUTH!

About three or four years ago, I went to a small gunshow in New Albany IN (down here near Louisville). Found 100 rounds of .308 linked for $25 which I thought was a steal then. Walking around with it slung over my shoulder and a guy from a table asked me if I was in the market for .308 ammo. Turns out he had a bunch loose in bins and we settled on $170 per thousand. It turned out to be Lake City stuff. Met up with him the next week and bought all I could. Sold a little for a profit and took that and bought some more, sold some more, then bought the rest he had. I ended up with about 4K or so rounds and was only into that for about $300 by the time I was done.

I probably will never find another deal like that again... but you never know. I may find that elusive $250 functional but beatup Glock 17 or 19 one of these days.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom