• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    Honestly, I know nothing more about shooting events than what I've read on this and other sites. I don't know how competitive I could ever be, but I think it's at least interesting. As a kid, my dad use to take us along to the rod and gun clubs where a bunch of farmers would get together and shoot trap under the lights. Sure they would throw a buck or two in the pot, but it was more about bragging than anything else. It seems that they did more talking than anything else.

Anyway, long story short, not only would I like to get back into trap shooting a little bit but I think I would like to learn about the handgun events. I'm not looking to be ultra competitive or live out a military training fantasy.......I'd just like to visit, learn, shoot and improve.

I'm in Bloomington. If there is anyone or any events kinda close by so that I could tag along and watch that would be great. Or, I'm open to any ideas you may have. I really like to shoot, but it gets pretty boring shooting at paper targets by yourself..........just sayin. Thanks in advance for information you share.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Honestly, I know nothing more about shooting events than what I've read on this and other sites. I don't know how competitive I could ever be, but I think it's at least interesting. As a kid, my dad use to take us along to the rod and gun clubs where a bunch of farmers would get together and shoot trap under the lights. Sure they would throw a buck or two in the pot, but it was more about bragging than anything else. It seems that they did more talking than anything else.

Anyway, long story short, not only would I like to get back into trap shooting a little bit but I think I would like to learn about the handgun events. I'm not looking to be ultra competitive or live out a military training fantasy.......I'd just like to visit, learn, shoot and improve.

I'm in Bloomington. If there is anyone or any events kinda close by so that I could tag along and watch that would be great. Or, I'm open to any ideas you may have. I really like to shoot, but it gets pretty boring shooting at paper targets by yourself..........just sayin. Thanks in advance for information you share.

South Central Gun Club in Freetown, IN (east of Bedford) has USPSA style events on the first Sunday of the Month from March (sometimes February) through November (sometimes December).

I can't help you out with Trap style events down there

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    WVPPS matches are only about an hour up the road from you at the Riley Conservation Club. I am teaching a Comp 101 course there on March 31st. Check it out. You can be an competitive as you want to be at these events or you can just shoot and have fun as well. Come on out and give it a try. Shoot me an email with questions and I will do what I can.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

I believe South Central will start in March (weather permitting) If you are interested you are welcome to ride with me and see what it is all about. If not I also shoot at Riley and they will start in March as well and again you can ride with me. Just shoot me a PM here.

doug

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Hello

Im from Bloomington and got into shooting awhile back. My son and I
    both shoot steel challange at Riley and love it over there. Every person there is polite and very helpful at assisting with your shooting needs. I will
    be going to Riley this spring for Steel challange and possibly learning
    about some USPSA shoots. If I can help you with anything just contact me on here.
    I work in Bloomington daily and am available to talk.

thanks Brian

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Im from Bedford, I'd be interested in getting into handgun competitions, when do they start closest to me? military experience, g23

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Im from Bedford, I'd be interested in getting into handgun competitions, when do they start closest to me? military experience, g23

Troy,

Again would be South Central the first Sunday in March - 50 east to 135 north on 135 about 5-6 miles County Seat Fish & Game on your right. 2nd Sunday (I believe) is silver creek down at Sellersburg and third Sunday is Riley over near Terre Haute.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am going up to Marion County Fish and Game, from Bloomington, for the bowling pin shoot this saturday the 28th. You are more than welcome to caravan up. I would offer a ride but I am not going to be coming straight back to Bloomington that night. It's a little bit of a drive, little over an hour straight there depending on traffic. But totally worth it, great group of people and a lot of fun. I will say though, bring your gun and plan on shooting because once you are there you will want to shoot. Very beginner friendly.

Here is a run down on the shoot and links to more info about it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...owling_pin_tx_star_match_01_28_mcf_and_g.html

I also went up for the last Friday Night Steel match and had a ton of fun. Again, everyone there was very helpful to the couple of us first timers.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Hello sidearm

Me and my son Collin was going up to the FNS up to when
    Winter sports started then had to take a break from it. I live a couple minutes west of Bloomington. We need to meet at one of the FNS matches
    So I can put a face to one of the Bloomington neighborhood shooters.
    I am hoping to make to the next FNS.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Hello sidearm

Me and my son Collin was going up to the FNS up to when
    Winter sports started then had to take a break from it. I live a couple minutes west of Bloomington. We need to meet at one of the FNS matches
    So I can put a face to one of the Bloomington neighborhood shooters.
    I am hoping to make to the next FNS.

Not sure if I will be up at the next FNS, my Fridays are usually taken up with taking my son to his mothers. Being able to make the last one was somewhat of an anomaly. But i do make it to the bowling pin shoots more often.

I too live west of Bloomington, you know the good side of the county, there are a couple of us out this way. do you have anywhere to shoot where you are at? I got some friends property that we go shoot at sometimes. We need to organize a Monroe county meet up sometime soon.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Hello sidearm

I live in the hendricksville area. Are you close to there?
    Brian

No I am more towards Ellettsville, but I got some friends that live out in the sticks off of liberty church road in Hendricksville, or Mcville which ever it is called around there. I probably drive right by you on the way to their place. :D

If you ever hear a whole bunch of shooting out in the woods in the valley between Monroe and Greene counties thats probably us.

Top Bottom