• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I assume everybody has noticed Bloomberg's ads running in Indiana. Some crap about universal background checks to "protect" our right.
    Makes me mad!!!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It doesn't actually say universal background checks, it says comprehensive background checks. I don't think any of us oppose enforcing existing laws and weeding out the mentally ill better than we are now. Obviously universal background checks don't accomplish that, they just ruin the private sales market, and since a criminal won't want any paperwork, they will not submit to universal background checks anyhow. So the immediate impact of universal background checks s the destruction of the private market, and the long term result is de facto gun registration. Luckily their ad doesn't say a word about universal background checks, so I don't see how it alone can sway anyone's opinion. But I believe they know no one likes their gun control agenda, so they will be spoon feeding it to us in small doses, and while the first commercials just support comprehensive, common sense, background checks, the last commercials may spell out universal background checks, an assault weapons ban, and demonize all semi auto weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy on the truck will eventually be shown turning in his "dangerous" 870 for a safer double barrel or single shot shotgun.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It doesn't actually say universal background checks, it says comprehensive background checks. I don't think any of us oppose enforcing existing laws and weeding out the mentally ill better than we are now. Obviously universal background checks don't accomplish that, they just ruin the private sales market, and since a criminal won't want any paperwork, they will not submit to universal background checks anyhow. So the immediate impact of universal background checks s the destruction of the private market, and the long term result is de facto gun registration. Luckily their ad doesn't say a word about universal background checks, so I don't see how it alone can sway anyone's opinion. But I believe they know no one likes their gun control agenda, so they will be spoon feeding it to us in small doses, and while the first commercials just support comprehensive, common sense, background checks, the last commercials may spell out universal background checks, an assault weapons ban, and demonize all semi auto weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy on the truck will eventually be shown turning in his "dangerous" 870 for a safer double barrel or single shot shotgun.

Notice where his trigger finger is in that ad?

karl77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Calumet township/Lake County
    I haven't seen/heard any commercials about this, but I do live in the region and see chicago news.

still think the whole issue is done to keep the people misinformed, and try to cover something up politically.

Top Bottom