• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RusL330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I found some Blazer 9mm at Wally World the other day. Not a brand I've used or seen my firends using. Think it is ok for my new G19?
    Thanks!
    Rusl

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    It runs fine. the only downside is, if you are a reloader, the aluminum cases are not reloadable. that is why the blazer ammo is a bit cheaper than other brands.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's my go-to range ammo for all my 9mm's, including my Glock. It's not the greatest in the world, but it goes "bang".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It runs fine. the only downside is, if you are a reloader, the aluminum cases are not reloadable. that is why the blazer ammo is a bit cheaper than other brands.

I think he's probably referring to the $8.97/box CCI Blazer Brass that WalMart sells.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The Blazer aluminum-cased stuff is loaded surprisingly hot, IME. Runs well in most applications, but is not recommended for some guns (Kel-Tec SUB-2K and open-bolt subguns come immediately to mind).

Blazer Brass is the commercial version of the old Speer Lawman stuff. I'd rank it up there with Win USA or Rem UMC as decent practice ammo.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Blazer BRASS should be reloadable, no?

Bloomington AND Southport had Blazer Brass 9mm this week. I got 10 boxes myself :D

Brass yes, I don't see why not.

The blazer aluminum case uses a smaller primer I think to also prevent reloading.

Works fine in my .45, & .357

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The blazer aluminum case uses a smaller primer I think to also prevent reloading.

Nope; it uses regular small (or large) pistol primers, it's just Berdan as opposed to Boxer primed. Contrary to popular belief, Berdan-primed cases can be reloaded, it just takes different tools to do it.

Heck, there was even a guy at my home range who reloaded Blazer aluminum cases. :eek: He kept the pressures low and only reused the cases once, and it seemed to work fine for him (they were .45ACP LRN loads, IIRC). That said, I was never brave enough to shoot them when he offered... :nailbite:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Nope; it uses regular small (or large) pistol primers, it's just Berdan as opposed to Boxer primed. Contrary to popular belief, Berdan-primed cases can be reloaded, it just takes different tools to do it. ......

That's weird, I could swear some of the blazer primer I have a home in .45
    was smaller than the brass. Maybe I'm jacked (probably ;) )or I received an earlier batch? I'll check it out tonight.

RusL330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    So, Blazer ammo, aluminum or brass, is ok in my G19. I don't reload anyway. Thanks for the information.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    hit and miss in my Glock 34

The Blazer brass has been hit and miss in my glock 34. It acts like it is not hot enough. Sometime will eject shell but not pick up next. seems to be accurate when it functions. My gun is still new (less than 300 rnds) so maybe would work better on down the road.

Top Bottom