• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hi,

I'm looking into the possibility of getting a Blade Tech SRB (Sting Ray Belt) Holster...

(reason being that Raven is 60 days behind...)

Any opinions on Blade Tech in general, and the SRB specifically?

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    I like their holsters for CCW. Quality, concealment, comfort, and durability are great. I have an IWB and am ordering a paddle holster for a G19.

I've tried leather and other kydex brands before I settled on Blade Tech. Not the end all be all, just what works for me. :D

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Blade Tech in general always seemed to me like a quality product. Have a few of the older standard OWB models. Still sometimes use them for range work. Adjustable tension. Simple, tough and durable. No complaints, just preferences.
    Was looking for something with a similar rock-solid design and feel that would hold tighter to the body for EDC, with a thinner lateral profile. Met the crew from Raven last summer. Problem solved. YMMV

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Pardon the pun, but they are just about bullet proof. However I did have some issues with rattling so they are not my first choice. Very good quality though. The rattle would depend on the model you were fitting.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have one and like the modularity of options.

Sting Ray Belt loop, Tek-Lock, Drop and Offset adapter, adjustable cant.

I only use it as a range holster set pretty loose and would consider it nearly zero on retention unless you snugged the screws up tight enough that it might hinder your own draw.

Oh yeah, the SRB loop is a very wide and sturdy base but has a low profile.

IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion. I do not like them at all. I had a ton of problems w/ an IWB I had years ago. Then there was the order that they kept telling me was "on the way" for 4mo. Got irritated, canceled the order, and got a holster from Comp-Tac in 7 days.

I'd suggest something from Comp-Tac or Sidearmor.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion. I do not like them at all. I had a ton of problems w/ an IWB I had years ago. Then there was the order that they kept telling me was "on the way" for 4mo. Got irritated, canceled the order, and got a holster from Comp-Tac in 7 days.

I'd suggest something from Comp-Tac or Sidearmor.

What sort of problems did you have with it? I've got one of their IWB holsters, and it'd be nice to know what to watch out for.

So far, I haven't had any trouble with mine, and I'm fairly well satisfied with it.

Last edited:

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Several years ago, I had trouble getting an order to be delivered. Calls and emails went unanswered.

I don't do business with them anymore. They may have good equipment, but in my experience, their service was less than acceptable.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    If you are left handed and want a paddle style holster for a gun, and can't find one, these guys will make one for you. Good quality, but a little pricey.

Top Bottom