• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Are they the bee's knees? Will be getting my cpl this year and have been looking at holsters. I have a Ruger P95 and already checked to make sure they make them for my pistol.

I imagine someone has experience with them. Are they good?

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have 2 one for g23, on for j frame and i like them, def take some time to practice with the release, but they are g2g

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I carry my XD's in a Serpa and think its great. Not so good if you are trying to conceal because it sticks out a bit. I don't have any problems with the release, it's right where your finger should be when you draw.

SonOfLiberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    They are good to go. I've heard of some guys doing a pull-up with them the lock is so strong, but I've never tried it myself.

I get a little bit of added comfort knowing that it won't unlock if you're pulling up on the gun beforehand -- even though I've never worried too much about a "gun-snatcher."

The only issue for me was retraining myself on the draw; I've always carried in a retention holster with no other safety or latch, so at first I would pull up on it really hard and the weapon wouldn't go anywhere.

I carried a Beretta 92 for a year in Afghanistan in a SERPA dropleg, and it got banged around a lot and was still rock solid. Just make sure you're 100% with the release latch. :yesway:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I use one for my G26 when I can open carry. It is not much help for concealed carry unless you plan to wear a bulky sweater or sweatshirt.

Never had any problems with it. It is great for training in hot weather because the sweat does not damage it.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I had one and I hated it! I don't know if I was wearing it wrong or what, but it stuck out like a tumor! Just my opinion of course.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I was actually just using it for a range holster and not for concealed carry. It was probably a personal thing like I said.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have one for my HK USP Compact and one for my Beretta M9. I really like them for open carry and a range holster. As others have said, they do stick out quite a bit, but I feel like they sit securely on my hip. I had a Galco leather paddle holster and that thing shifted all over the place!

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like having the piece of mind that it will not come out unless you put your finger on the release button. They lock up great and the fit is nice on my P30

Top Bottom